• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Fan Shroud. Work with 2" body lift?

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Got a fan shroud a couple of years ago, but never put it on. Now I've "accidentally" put on the 2" body lift, and wasn't expecting to have to do any mods.

Can I tweak the shroud? Should I get brackets or a different shroud? I have no welding equip or ability, and I'm trying to buy stuff that will work for the future frame-off.

Suggestions?

Thanks!

-jim

75junebug

Loc.
NW Houston Tx
I made a set of brackets to drop my shroud. Invest in a cheap wire welder from Harbor frieght and a 4 inch grinder. They will pay for themselves in 1 project

70_Steve

Old Guy
I claim brain damage as the reason. Coulda swore I had bought the 1".
The Wild Horses Integrated 1" body lift, with the body lift and body mounts all in one piece, is about 2" tall. Maybe????

I dropped my radiator an inch when I did my 1" body lift so I could use the stock shroud. I removed the lower radiator brackets from the core support and made a couple out of 1/4 x 1" flat bar bent in an " L ", and bolted the lower mounts to them. The upper mounts could be reused by drilling new holes in the core support.

Thunder26

The Wild Horses Integrated 1" body lift, with the body lift and body mounts all in one piece, is about 2" tall. Maybe????

I dropped my radiator an inch when I did my 1" body lift so I could use the stock shroud. I removed the lower radiator brackets from the core support and made a couple out of 1/4 x 1" flat bar bent in an " L ", and bolted the lower mounts to them. The upper mounts could be reused by drilling new holes in the core support.

HIs the 2" lift from WH his mount isn't integrated.