• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Guy from AZ

72BroncoAZ

Loc.
Tucson,AZ
Bronco72Pic2.jpg
1972bronco.jpg
Bronco72Pic1.jpg
Im here in Tucson,AZ...For fathers Day my Dad gave me his 1972 Bronco Sport Explorer...no rust . straight body.It is still all stock..minus the 2 inch lift and dual exhaust.And the AUX tank.It even has the same carb..I was wondering about the spare tire rack it is mounted on the tailgate in the cab.He said it never had tire carrier..it looks all factory.and the luggage rack on top that was also there when he bought it it looks like the factory trim but not to sure if it was an option back then..But he is the 2nd owner he bought it back in 1985. And the DSO code is 45 I cant find any info on that?Let me know if you guys have any info?Thanks

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
Welcome to the site. Nice Bronco, what plans do you have for it?
The roof rack was a factory option as was the external tire rack.
Lots of great Bronco brothers in Arizona.

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Bronco72Pic2.jpg
1972bronco.jpg
Bronco72Pic1.jpg
Im here in Tucson,AZ...For fathers Day my Dad gave me his 1972 Bronco Sport Explorer...no rust . straight body.It is still all stock..minus the 2 inch lift and dual exhaust.And the AUX tank.It even has the same carb..I was wondering about the spare tire rack it is mounted on the tailgate in the cab.He said it never had tire carrier..it looks all factory.and the luggage rack on top that was also there when he bought it it looks like the factory trim but not to sure if it was an option back then..But he is the 2nd owner he bought it back in 1985. And the DSO code is 45 I cant find any info on that?Let me know if you guys have any info?Thanks

Welcome aboard! DSO 45 is Davenport, Iowa.

Todd Z.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Welcome
Roof rack was a dealer option. but inside tire mount is factory trim is factory although those pushgraurds on the front bumper are not factory at least not a to bronco

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Cool to keep in the family. Congrats to you and Welcome aboard!!! Good to have ya.

OP
OP
72BroncoAZ

72BroncoAZ

Loc.
Tucson,AZ
Thanks for all the good info..My plan is to get it running to see what it needs.And hopefully by December I can rebuild it...I want to keep it stock all the way around..except add A/C and put like a 3 inch lift and some taller tires..I don't see myself cutting the fenders...

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
What a great Father's Day gift, congrats! Have fun with it & post lot's of pics as you work on it, we loves the pics...

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
How cool is that. Best Fathers Day gift from one father to another. Keep us posted but looks like you have a fantastic foundation to a very nice build.

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Does anybody know a good paint and body shop around AZ?

welcome! i just had corey from gateway autobody paint my 72 F250 he did an amazing job! im selling it on ebay if you want to check out his paint and body skills. now you said az so if you want something in tucson im of no help sorry.

I recommend him everyday of the week and twice on sundays ;D

We also have a local club azbronco.org mitch aka mr. rags is a great guy and is the current pres. of the club. he will spend time with you on the phone, text, email, in person... lol

Im already jealous that your dad is soooo much cooler than mine :cry::cool:;D

OP
OP
72BroncoAZ

72BroncoAZ

Loc.
Tucson,AZ
Yeah out of the 5 boys he gave it to me..I feel so lucky..I appreciate it...I'm going to make it look good...But it will be a daily driver and a weekend offroader... I can drive to PHX for a good job..Not a prob

OP
OP
72BroncoAZ

72BroncoAZ

Loc.
Tucson,AZ
Is it in Prescott? I want to take off the body and have it painted to stock,,I was going to do the powertrain....ext...BUT time is not on my side...I DON'T want it lying around for 2years piece by piece... I need to take time off work to get it done

needabronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Prescott/Farmington
Well, my Bronco body jig and cherry picker are in Prescott, I'm in Farmington New Mexico currently. If I were to do your paint work I'd likely bring your body up here for body work, and probably paint it in Prescott. What's your time frame? Is storage part of the issue?

OP
OP
72BroncoAZ

72BroncoAZ

Loc.
Tucson,AZ
Well,I'm going to get it going this weekend..It ran about a month ago,so it should fire right up..And Im going to run it around for a lil while.See what leaks and what works and what doesnt and go from there..But when i decide to take off the cab.. I was thinking about six months should be plenty of time to get the body done..I will have to get your info

Monster Mike

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Yeah gateway auto is crazy busy, they won't let you down but vintage sounds like a winner. Anytime you can have a fellow bronco lover paint your ride your in the best hands.

Goodluck!

OP
OP
72BroncoAZ

72BroncoAZ

Loc.
Tucson,AZ
Yeah...When it comes to find good body work and paint..Very hard to find..And to trust someone with my New Bronc...Hard to do...When it comes down to it..I will take will take all the recommendations given..Visit the shops personally and decide...I don't want to sound to picky but I just want to find someone who will take pride in there work....Any info is appreciated... I have always been into diesel engines and trucks..So this whole thing is new to me.../Im learning as I go...Thanks Guys