• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Guy in New England Bronco is up and running

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
A year or so ago I met Doug while I was filling my bronco up with gas. He told me he was resoring a 68 bronco, we exchanged e-mails and he then sent me a pic.

Since he works close to where I live, I have stopped by a few times and kept intouch. I kept asking him when I get to see his restored uncut stocker. Well I stopped in on Friday and he told me he was having some carb problems.

I told him that since there are not a lot of nice days left this season that I would come over and see if I could get it running.

So today I went over to his house, I don't know what the previous owner did to that poor car, but it was messed up. He must have broken the ported vacuum port on the metering block, as some one drilled and tapped it and screwed in some brass plumming fixture into it.

I worked on it for a few minutes, but it just didn't want to work. So to see if it was indeed the carb I pulled my spare carb out of the box, bolted it on and fired it up. Right away I could tell his truck was going to finally run on its own power.

Since we had to get a few little things at the auto parts store, we decided to take the 68 to the store and see how it ran. As soon as we pulled out of his driveway I could see a huge smile on his face, as it just ran perfect and purred the way it should. We went to Autozone, got the little things we needed, and took a little ride.

Doug is a real nice guy, and he has a sweet little uncut stock 68. He don't come here to often, but is registered here.

I took a few pics of his sweet ride, but like a idiot as i was transfering them from my digital camera, I deleted them by mistake,

So the only pic I have is this one while it was being restored.
It now has a windshield, doors, and yes(hold your breath) one of Saddleups soft tops.

Doug if you see this send me the pics your wife took today, and I will post them

dhco60@comcast.net

Attachments

• dougs.JPG
    dougs.JPG
    61.3 KB · Views: 138

Dirtyboy

Loc.
Cape Cod, Mass
Very true on only a few days left of some of this weather...had my top off today. It looks great and glad to see another one on the road. congradulate him for me and get him on here(site).

dougs68inma

Loc.
melrose
Thanks for the help, Don.

I'm the guy that Don spoke about. Don was a real great help and even let me keep his spare carb to run on my 68 till I can repair or replace my old carb.
I can't stress how nice this guy was to come over and help me out with my rig.
I hope I can return the favor.

TN1776

Bronco Guru
I have found Bronco people to be good people as a whole. Most who have come to buy old parts from me have spent a good hour BSing about Broncos.

That's a good story and a nice looking Bronco. It is always good to hear about another EB getting back on the road.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Nice rig. It took me a little while to find the bicycle. All garage pics have a bicycle in them somewhere.

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
nice ride doug, do you still have the smile on your face?? truck looks great i'd like to see some more pics

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I'm the guy that Don spoke about. Don was a real great help and even let me keep his spare carb to run on my 68 till I can repair or replace my old carb.

Welcome DOug!. Don is a great guy as you have found out, like everyone else on this site for the most part, butwatch out for that Tasker guy...;D

(only kidding about Tasker)

OP
OP
DonsBolt

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Some pics Doug sent me

Attachments

• PB010280.jpg
    PB010280.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 77
  • PB010283.jpg
    PB010283.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 63
  • PB010282.jpg
    PB010282.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 61
  • PB010281.jpg
    PB010281.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 37
  • PB010278.jpg
    PB010278.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 90

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

Doug, welcome to the site. I like what you've done with your Bronco. Nice color and I love the white steelies look on an uncut. Also like your choice of trim color (bumpers and headlight rings). Looks sharp! :cool:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Doug,
Welcome to the site.. Alot of great poeple here that will help out..
Ask Don about the mom and daugther deal.....hehe..

Love the color on your uncut, What is it?
Is the color of the leaves on the tree in the backgroud really red?

madgyver from Hawaii

mhandy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Windsor,ny
glad to see another on the road. Don, don't forget to let him know about BYOB. and look out for Tasker!;D

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Good stuff Don. It must have been great to see Dougs smile driving.
Welcome to the site Doug.

ryoungbronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Belmar, NJ
Hey Don,
I could use a little help on my truck. Any other spare parts sitting in a box I can "borrow" ?
Rob
PS-It's good to hear that there are still guys out there willing to help!