• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Hood - need pics of stock w/stripes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I'm finally going back to a stock hood and don't think the stripes that I have on this pro-flow will look very good. I'm thinking about just doing stock type Ranger stripes but I need some better pics for my paint guy. Any help? Here's a pic of my current and the best pic I can find of the stock look that I'm going for.

Attachments

• BSB_8139.jpg
    BSB_8139.jpg
    105.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Stock 74 Bronco stripes.jpg
    Stock 74 Bronco stripes.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 144

Broncitis

MEB Founder
We sell the hood decal individually, but that version has the pinstripes cut out so that the body color shows through rather than the orange silk screen stripes which are done in batch prints with the complete Ranger stripe kits we sell.

We can cut the non-screen printed style in pretty much any color and can also do it in a masking vinyl if you really want to paint it directly on.

Funny enough, we actually owned that exact Ranger in the pic you posted and that was one of two we had at the time whcih we used to develop our patterns for these kits!

PM me if interested.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
We sell the hood decal individually, but that version has the pinstripes cut out so that the body color shows through rather than the orange silk screen stripes which are done in batch prints with the complete Ranger stripe kits we sell.

We can cut the non-screen printed style in pretty much any color and can also do it in a masking vinyl if you really want to paint it directly on.

Funny enough, we actually owned that exact Ranger in the pic you posted and that was one of two we had at the time whcih we used to develop our patterns for these kits!

PM me if interested.
PM Sent -- Pretty funny about that pic! I found it using google search! ;D

HorHay -- I'm sure I'll sell it, but it will have to be someone who can pick it up in Texas because there's no way I'll ship that beast! ;)

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
No one has better pics of these factory stripes? really? come on guys -- throw me a bone!

Broncitis - my paint guy just got back from vacation this morning and we're going to discuss the masking...I'll ping you tomorrow. Thanks.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
OK Coach, here's my 74 Ranger with original paint and stripes. You can see the factory job was not perfectly symmetrical (see the ends of the stripes near the vents louvers). But this should give you a good idea on placement and how the orange looks. But you're going to do them in black to match the side stripes??

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1184.jpg
    IMG_1184.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_1183.jpg
    IMG_1183.jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1182.jpg
    IMG_1182.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1181.jpg
    IMG_1181.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 43
  • IMG_1180.jpg
    IMG_1180.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 51

BoulderBronco22

Mine just had one stripe that tapered towards the back.

pena4u3a.jpg
ge2y2a9u.jpg

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
Well -- last minute change. I was all set to go with stock stripes when, for fun, we mocked it up with racing stripes sort of like the pro-flow hood. I thought it looked good so we went with it. ;D;D I've always liked these type of stripes but just didn't think they would work on a stock hood. What do you guys think? really...

Attachments

• hood3.jpg
    hood3.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 55

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
I think it looks great. These type of decisions are always hard and some times you just have to jump in. I had a hell of a time picking my color so afraid of making the wrong choice.

OP
OP
coachbarnes

coachbarnes

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Franktown/Breck, CO
I think it looks great. These type of decisions are always hard and some times you just have to jump in. I had a hell of a time picking my color so afraid of making the wrong choice.
Thanks! I stress over these decisions and have always second guessed myself about that pro-flow hood and removing the hard top. Here's the installed pic. I really like it much better than the pro-flow. It just looks more like an uncut "Bronco" to me...

Attachments

• newhoodinstalled2.jpg
    newhoodinstalled2.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 43
  • newhoodinstalled1.jpg
    newhoodinstalled1.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 46

Broncitis

MEB Founder
Looks great! I might have to make some hood decals like that! ;)

I have been planning to do several custom style stripe kits, but too many other projects have gotten in the way so far.

Weevil

Nailed It

Well -- last minute change. I was all set to go with stock stripes when, for fun, we mocked it up with racing stripes sort of like the pro-flow hood. I thought it looked good so we went with it. ;D;D I've always liked these type of stripes but just didn't think they would work on a stock hood. What do you guys think? really...

I Think .... which does not mean a thing or for that matter anybody else will not count .....If you like it ,and I REALLY DO like it better than the stock stripe , which is LAME at best to me ......It really stands out ...Nice Job

Weevil

Not Meaning To Steal Your Thread

Wow Coach ...You are almost as old as me ....Nice paint booth you used .Hope to see that hood and you at K2 if you make it .Been working on mine hard and have been working on my hood , just going to paint it white and add decals . Hope to add a Pink Ribbon on the left front and the one on the right is Maroon . Just hope I can spray it and make it smooth , Been a long time since I painted......laffin.....Hope you like it

Attachments

• cancerlay.jpg
    cancerlay.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 17