• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New innovate ideas for broncos??

tbrend

Loc.
God's Country (Iowa)
storage boxes

I made some storage boxes that fit over the wheel wells in the interior.
(No pics yet)
Basically, two rectangular boxes that fit up against the top of the wheel well and extend from the tailgate up to the back of the front seats. They stick out about two inches from the wheel wells.

I will try to get you some pics.

OP
OP
C

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
tbrend said:
I made some storage boxes that fit over the wheel wells in the interior.
(No pics yet)
Basically, two rectangular boxes that fit up against the top of the wheel well and extend from the tailgate up to the back of the front seats. They stick out about two inches from the wheel wells.

I will try to get you some pics.
that sounds good i want to see some pictures if possible thanks

OP
OP
C

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
Synds9 said:
im planning on building a tailgate extender for my half cab like they have for tacomas and sport tracs
that is a good one too we will need follow up on that.

HotWheels

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Twilight Zone
cbfomoco said:
that is a good one too we will need follow up on that.

I was considering converting one of the smaller truck models for just that also. Shouldn't be too hard. figued it be good for carrying bikes and such..

teqoso

Loc.
walnut creek,ca
Fill in the recessed panel in the tailgate, then cut out the interior side and flush mount a shallow toolbox. I am trying to do this right now for a place to store all my tools - ratchet, sockets and wrenches. Use clips to secure them to the inside of the toolbox, and a small bag, for all the loose items. Once the body shop gets done with this, i'll shoot some pics of my finished bronco with all its modifications.

slyjki

Loc.
okc ok
ok heres mine! wasnt going to reveal it til it was done but what the hell, here it is. I call it the ext. cab bronco. Taking a bit longer than I expected.

Attachments

• extcab.jpg
    extcab.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 107
OP
OP
C

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
slyjki said:
ok heres mine! wasnt going to reveal it til it was done but what the hell, here it is. I call it the ext. cab bronco. Taking a bit longer than I expected.
looks good i want to see moer when you get it finished.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
slyjki said:
someone out here in so cal has done that also, saw it at fabulous fords. looks good when it's done.

68beast

Loc.
Covina, Kalifornia
slyjki said:

Thats awesome :eek: . And I have a spare top to dick around with, yay!

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
I'm with teqoso to some extent. When I get my roll cage built I want to see about enclosing the recessed area on the inside above the wheelwell to make sealed tool storage. Then seal it with spray in liner

Dusty

Bronco Guru
73stallion said:
someone out here in so cal has done that also, saw it at fabulous fords. looks good when it's done.

I believe that's actually Brownie from Arizona Classic Broncos. He's also got a chevy motor and bowtie exhaust tips.

Dusty

DownhillManiac99

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Orange County CA
Ive got an idea that has to do with serious dash modification. When I get my second to tinker on while Im at college (gonna leave mine at home) I plan on making it a full trail rig so Ill need some room for gauges, CB yada yada. It will be similar to my underdash console but will be "bigger". Ill leave it at that. :cool:

Slapdad

Loc.
Houston, TX
fold up top

I would love to see a top that you unlatch and fold down....just like a real convertible top. The J**p TJ's have a setup like this and it is really slick.

blu72

Loc.
Forney, Tx
took a peice of expanded metal and made a radiator guard out of it. had the fan go through the radiator once and said never again. mounted it in the same holes as the shroud, flush against the radiator. it has not adversely affected my cooling

4x4x289

I installed a polycarbonate roof on my cage. it keeps the wind out of the kids faces, dirt out of the eyes. it also provides a good place for light storage, guns, bow, and zip out windows. I like it for safety too, -it keeps the kids heads and appendages inside in the event of a rool over and when driving into the garage. I installed an aluminum track on the front edge of this polycarb roof for installation of a bikini top for when I run with the stb top totally removed or to use the bikini as a cargo tarp (i actually have two tracks and a double tarp to prevent cargo from scratching the polycarb). One more thing, -i install a piece of split pipe foam over the front edge of the polycarb roof and alum track to push up on the soft top to help the water run off the stb roof.

http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=2443&sort=1&cat=all&page=2

OP
OP
C

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
4x4x289 said:
I installed a polycarbonate roof on my cage. it keeps the wind out of the kids faces, dirt out of the eyes. it also provides a good place for light storage, guns, bow, and zip out windows. I like it for safety too, -it keeps the kids heads and appendages inside in the event of a rool over and when driving into the garage. I installed an aluminum track on the front edge of this polycarb roof for installation of a bikini top for when I run with the stb top totally removed or to use the bikini as a cargo tarp (i actually have two tracks and a double tarp to prevent cargo from scratching the polycarb). One more thing, -i install a piece of split pipe foam over the front edge of the polycarb roof and alum track to push up on the soft top to help the water run off the stb roof.

http://classicbroncos.com/photos/showphoto.php?photo=2443&sort=1&cat=all&page=2
that is sweet i will keep that in mimd

blu72 do you have any puctures??? thanks

chris

No more Rock Crawler
The future is Plastic's!

How about Plastic front fenders?

Plastic front grill?

Plastic tailgate?

If anyone does it I just ask for a free version of each.

Copyright Chris J 2004 ;D

Raskew

Loc.
Vancouver, B.C.
There were pictures on here a while ago where a guy raised the rear floor using square tubing. He made a box over the entire truck bed, and it had a drawer in that slid out. I tried to find it on here, but couldn't....it was pretty cool.

Rick

OP
OP
C

cbfomoco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WV
Raskew said:
There were pictures on here a while ago where a guy raised the rear floor using square tubing. He made a box over the entire truck bed, and it had a drawer in that slid out. I tried to find it on here, but couldn't....it was pretty cool.

Rick
that is pretty cool i have a pic or two saved. i would post them but cant. if you want a copy let me know and i will try and send them to you.