• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Interior! Ordered while drinking...

70 sport WA

Contributor
This thread should be called, “Please stop me from ordering parts when I’ve been drinking.”

Short intro…a couple months ago, I ordered Ford Blue carpet from ACC for the Bronco. Needed something to do and the old black interior was getting tired. Not bad, but tired.

Seemed like a great decision at the time; contrasted against the gray seats, the gray body paint, the Ford Blue just seemed, well, great. What could be better?

Woke up the next day, remembering what I did, and immediately cancelled the order. Black or dark grey is what it needs…whew. Black carpet looks great against the black dash and really isn’t that worn. What was I thinking?

Fast forward a couple weeks ago and I had a few (too many), again. I got to thinking late at night how wrong I was the first time. “Hell yeah, it’s the best idea ever and I gotta get that carpet. It’s perfect.”

Next morning, same thing. But it’s my error and fate—I have to live with it.

Not only that, the same evening I ordered seat covers for the Delorean seats. New skins. The seats looked great when I got the rig 18 years ago, but time has taken its toll. And of course I have no experience putting these things on. I figure it might be difficult but not impossible.

Last weekend I did it all. Three full days and it worked out just fine…difficult, but not impossible. Very satisfied with the results. And Ford Blue looks great, freshens up the Bronco. Also replaced the T-shifter cover.

Postscript: I stopped drinking for a few weeks, dieted, and lost 15 pounds. Down to 190 and looking good!

Attachments

• IMG_1375.jpg
    IMG_1375.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_1376.jpg
    IMG_1376.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1377.jpg
    IMG_1377.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG_1380.jpg
    IMG_1380.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 132
  • IMG_1451.jpg
    IMG_1451.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_1453.jpg
    IMG_1453.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 161
OP
OP
70 sport WA

70 sport WA

Contributor
Better pic of the new seat covers. These came from lseat.com and they've got nearly every new covers, except sadly early Mustang/Bronco.

Attachments

• IMG_1455.jpg
    IMG_1455.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 134
OP
OP
70 sport WA

70 sport WA

Contributor
I kind of like the blue. What made you go with carpet rather than spray liner?

I didn't consider spray liner--it's so permanent and for what I do (dry climate, mostly paved roads) and just not needed. Great for other trucks just not mine.

I know a young guy that has a small older sports car entirely sprayed. And I mean entirely sprayed, outside an everything. Not a great look, but it was the only car he could afford (he paid something like $2,000) and bought it from a liner distribution owner. Must have been his promotional piece but that texture is hard and rough.