• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New member, from GA...

Slowleak

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Georgia
If the pre 1986 is titled, you can get a new one. If it's not titled, or you don't want one you will not be able to get a new GA title.

That must be why I could get one for my '71 Chevy. I bought it in Georgia and it was probably titled there previously.

OP
OP
S

SPORTBRONC72

Loc.
Northeast GA
Interesting..... I bought a 71 Chevy and when I registered it they asked if I wanted a tag and title or just a tag. They would title it and the fee was around $18. It was definitely an option. They must have changed the rules just to make it more difficult for us. Damnitall......

They did change it, once you go "non titled" you can't go back. As for those in GA offering help, THANK YOU! I'm gonna need it...;D. I have a 10 year old daughter, she's always loved these early Bronc's as much as me. I don't have a fortune to dump into at once, and only have a single bay garage. Even though she's a bit rough, it was our chance to get one. So it may take a while. I may do the welding/mechanicals first and do a real resto down the road. We will see...Just got her home, will post more pics later!

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
Yes!! Get her safe and roadworthy first and foremost and you'll love driving it so much that you will care less and less about a proper restore!

Germd

Welcome from Woodstock/Blue Ridge! Can you already feel the tug on your checkbook?
Looks like a good start & agree with leaving it uncut for now.

1strodeo

Contributor
Squirrel Watcher
Loc.
Wisconsin
No joke, I think you'll be surprised at how much that white paint will clean up.

Just one piece of advice, more like a rule of thumb: do not EVER remove a single bolt from that Bronco without first applying PB Blaster/WD40 etc, not even the lugs!!

Have fun,
Jeff

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Hey Sport, you need to make it up to Townsend TN next week to the Super Celebration. You'll get to see a lot of EB's (get ideas), look at a lot of parts/get prices and meet some folks that can help you down the road!!! You don't have to buy anything now, but it'll give you a lot of info!!!;D;D;D

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Has not run in MANY years! I'd like to do a driver restoration with period correct mods. It came with a Warn 8724 and winch bumper. The 302 is stuck from sitting, will need a rebuild. It also came with a spare SIX cylinder,trans and T case pulled from a running Bronco. Not sure what I'm doing with that yet?

Them old warns can still bring in a bit of cash.. :)