• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Member, great forum

hammerhome

Loc.
Portland
Hi all,

Ive been lurking for awhile, watching the classified ads. I am a member of other forums (cummins dodge) and am happy to now be a member here.

don't own an EB yet, but will be in the market in a few months. I learned how to drive on a 78, while I liked that truck, I dont like the looks. The EBs are where its at for me aesthetically, just a classic look.

Looking forward to reading and learning. I think I will be looking for a stock truck so that I can do the work myself, probably later model, or a Baja if I can find one.

Thanks you,:)

HH

Bronco73E

Loc.
Grand Junction, CO
Nothing like your first Bronco search, scouring the newspaper, Craig's list, EBay everyday. Then you'll find one near you that you know you can't live without. Good luck and happy hunting.

If you're looking for a Baja Bronco, contact Andrew Norton at www.bajabronco.com .

But you'll need to save your pennies, Baja Broncos are a lot more than your normal Bronco, depending on the condition.
-73E

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome too! And have fun shopping. Look a lot before you take the plunge though, unless you find a real gem that is. The prices are still all over the place. One day you'll see a rust-bucket parts truck for $5000 and the next you'll find a half-restored straight runner for $4000! You just never know.
The best bang-for-the-buck is still to find one that someone else has spent all the time, money and frustration fixing up the way you like it, but you're right on the money with wanting to do it yourself. More fun (and frustration too), as well as being able to do it just as you like, and gives you an intimate knowledge of all things Bronco.
If you plan to wheel it and go places off the beaten path, that knowledge can get really you out of a jam.

Good luck.

Paul

broncoman805

Loc.
Oxnard, CA
Welcome to the coolest vehicle, both on road and off. Almost didn't by mine, the way it handled on the test drive is what got me to buy it.

OP
OP
H

hammerhome

Loc.
Portland
Thanks all,

yeah there are a few in the area right now for sale, but the price in the NW seems to be a bit high. Also though not much rust around here usually.

definitely want a manual, not automatic, floor conversion if someone has already done it would be cool. As far as wanting one that is stock, mostly just want one that hasn't been cut and made into a wheeler. Ill probably go off road a bit, but more in the pursuit of other things like fishing and mtn biking. Also I realize that with the age of these vehicles, its hard to find exactly what you want.

thanks for the advice and welcome

hh

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sounds like you can get away with one that's pretty much stock then. It'd be cool to have an uncut with a little bit of lift and just slightly larger tires with nice wheels. You've probably seen the term LUBR or LUBER here if you've been lurking enough. Acronym for Lifted, Uncut Bronco. Very cool looking, has a killer turning radius and handles well while being easier for kids (and women in dresses of course) to get in and out of.
Keep your eyes open for a relatively rust-free uncut and you'll be halfway there.

And you DO know where to look for the rust on these things, right? Very important knowledge Young Grasshoppa...

Paul

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Welcome HH, great to have you with us! Be patient in the search, the right one will come along and at the right price! ;)

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Welcome to CB! Glad you see the light! ;D

I hope you find one soon! Good luck! :)