• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Member - Hello

OhSnap

Loc.
Denver, CO
Since I was 8 years old, I've always wanted an Early Bronco. And it seems that ever since high school, if you were to ask me when I was going to finally get my EB, I'd say, "probably next month". I'm now 34 years old and on Monday, I finally bought a '72. Pumped.

I'm sure I'll be coming here often as a resource. I'll try not to make all those newby mistakes like posting a question that has already been answered in a handful of other discussions! ;)

Word up!

Nightstick

Bronco guy
welcome aboard! If you've been hanging out long you know that this is the best site around, lots of friendly and knowledgable people here.

Nothing wrong with asking a question that's already been asked and answered a hundred times. It helps to ask it in your own words instead of trying to figure out whether your issue is the same as someone elses. Most tech articles are very helpful also. I've been posting here for about 7 months and have learned quite a bit in that time.

If you put your location on your info under your name you'll probably find people in your area that can help you as well. Welcome to the addiction, and become a contributor and post some pics of your rig.

BooRae

Loc.
Abita Springs, LA
Your go-by will be appropriate! I say a slightly different version of 'ohsnap' a lot when working on mine!
Congrats and welcome!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great for you, Welcome to the site!!!

Now become a contributor & post up some Pics..! ;)

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Nothing wrong with asking a question that's already been asked and answered a hundred times. It helps to ask it in your own words instead of trying to figure out whether your issue is the same as someone elses.

yeah don't worry about questions that have already been asked, they are the ones i can respond too;D Glad to have ya here

rockingm82

Loc.
St. Peters, MO
Welcome aboard. I've been viewing this site for years, but now that I'm back in the US and able to work on my Broncos I can say I'm actually using every resource of this site.

One thing I have been striving to do is make the subject line (title) of my initial posts as specific as possible. I find that searches can take a long time to sort through the posts to find what you're looking for. Descriptive titles can help to wade through the posts that don't cover what you're looking for.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Welcome Ohsnap! What part of the country are you in? Did you get a stock '72 or a modified EB? Tell us more!

Since I was 8 years old, I've always wanted an Early Bronco. And it seems that ever since high school, if you were to ask me when I was going to finally get my EB, I'd say, "probably next month". I'm now 34 years old and on Monday, I finally bought a '72. Pumped.

I'm sure I'll be coming here often as a resource. I'll try not to make all those newby mistakes like posting a question that has already been answered in a handful of other discussions! ;)

Word up!

OP
OP
OhSnap

OhSnap

Loc.
Denver, CO
Thanks! I'm from Denver, Colorado, by the way. I see someone here is from the Springs. I'll update my stuff and post some pics soon.

Stoneman

Loc.
Silver Spring, MD
Odds are if you have a question it has been posed and answered here thoroughly before. I always use the search function before posting a question and almost always find a ton of info on the subject.

That said, you will not find anybody here jumping down your throat for asking a question.

itsabronco

Loc.
Banning, CA.
Welcome !! You are now addicted to this site !! Wise choice of bronco year to get. I have two 1972's. They are all good years though ! Are you prepared to spend money? Since I have been on here, I have bought my second bronco and have spent a good pile on the other !! Its all GREAT !

OP
OP
OhSnap

OhSnap

Loc.
Denver, CO
I am totally prepared to spend the money (that I don't have!).
47199_1548530403902_1554333054_1368697_3439167_n.jpg

My new ride and my doberman who is still a little unsure about how to sit in the back!

OP
OP
OhSnap

OhSnap

Loc.
Denver, CO
Thanks BooRae. I see you are from Alaska. Funny, because the guy I bought it from said a guy in Alaska also inquired about it, who finally decided it wasn't worth the cost to ship it out. Sounds like rust is a real problem out there.

The dog came with the car. Not bad eh? (just kidding)

Entourage

Loc.
Phoenix, Arizona
Thanks! I'm from Denver, Colorado, by the way. I see someone here is from the Springs. I'll update my stuff and post some pics soon.

Hey OhSnap - I am in the Denver area as well. Welcome and put me in your contacts if you need a hand from a fellow newbie. This site has been invaluable for finding the right bronco, upgrades, parts, etc. Another great tip is Bronco Hut in Castle Rock - Melissa and I have spent a ton of time on the phone and will give advice on anything EB related. I talked to her yesterday and I can even get POR15 from her. They are building a new shop to open next spring.

Anyway, welcome and hope to meet up. We are about the same age too and I have a 1973.