• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Member Hello

JT

Hi all, am a longtime lurker but a new member here. I recently tracked down the '75 Sport that my grandfather bought new, gave to my mom in the mid '80s and I drove in highschool.

The last time I drove it was in '92 and it had 48,500 miles. I had just graduated from college at that time and it was in tired shape and I didn't have the funds to fix it up. So...it sat in my mom's garage for 6 years until she sold it in '98. The guy she sold it to never titled it and drove it ~300 miles before starting a restoration.

In 2002 he sold it to another guy who didn't drive it and never titled it. This guy started the body-off-frame restoration and replaced all the rusted metal. I tracked him down recently and asked him if he wanted to sell it as-is and he agreed and I'm now the proud owner of the old Bronco with a lot of work ahead of me.

The neat thing is that the title transfer actually went from my mom to me since neither subsequent owner ever titled the vehicle. I have all the original paperwork even the owners card with stamped VIN and my grandpa's name and info in his handwriting on it. My dad always said never fall in love with a building or a machine, but I have to say, looking at the vehicle takes me back to my younger days and reminds me of my grandpa.

Thankfully I live 15 minutes away from Jeff's Bronco Graveyard and have already set up an account with them.

Look forward to posting some pics and getting advice from all of you here.

John

Last edited:

Bajabrewer

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome - cool to have another Bronco living in Michigan. Spend the $12 to become a contributer & post lots of pics. We love pics! :)

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Wow great story. Get some pics of it up as quick as you can. Glad to have another Michigan member on here.;D

Henry

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yeah, neat story! Good luck with it (and post some pics!) ;D

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Really cool that you were able to track it down and buy it back, cool story. Welcome to the best site on the web and let's see them pic's.;D

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
I love these stories of people finding Broncos they used to own. Reminds me to NEVER sell mine!! Welcome!

Unknown

Contributor
Welcome to the site John. Great story, can't wait to see the pictorial.

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
there is a few of us on CB that live with in a short distance from you too....I must say it is nice to be able to drive to a vendor and pick parts up instead of shipping them across the country and waiting.

Beau

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
and don't forget to vote for the site as top4x4 "daily" ;)

bottom of any page, click this

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Great story congrats and good luck on your renewed addiction

OP
OP
JT

JT

Glad your bringing back to life. Congrats! I know what you meant but, when I read thru your post this part made me laugh!!;D

Hilarious!!! I just caught that myself and fixed the wording. Believe me, the last time I saw it in 1992, Mother Nature was doing a fine job of replacing the metal with rust. :D

OP
OP
JT

JT

Pics of my bronco! Finally got around to becoming a contributor.

Mostly new sheet metal throughout. The floor pans had a little surface rust as the PO didn't prime them. A couple hours with some sandpaper and an angle grinder took care of that. They are primed now as is the firewall.

Body is ready for the winter in the garage. Started disassembly of the engine for a rebuild over the winter. In the spring I should have all the mechanical items complete, then the frame goes to the sandblaster and then powdercoat or paint or galvanizing. Frame comes back, I install the engine, trans, brake lines, fuel lines etc. while the body goes out for sandblasting and painting. The whole thing comes back and hopefully by June I'm doing final assembly and zipping down the road before the 4th of July!

For those of you who are wondering about the blue painters tape, they say "DO NOT PUSH" as the top is not fastened to the quarter panels. I have a good memory but better safe than sorry.

JT

Attachments

• IMG_0719.jpg
    IMG_0719.jpg
    118.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0724.jpg
    IMG_0724.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_0727.jpg
    IMG_0727.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 29
Last edited: