• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Member saying HELLO!

OP
OP
Baja71

Baja71

Bronco Guru
blu72 said:
Baja 71
welcome and check out lonestar early bronco club, they just had a get together at Bone Daddy's on Central last thursday. they try and get together about once a month. also there is an up coming run to Barnwell next month and a get together out at Jim Holy's place next month. if nothing else bring that Stroppe out to Jim's

I just realized who you are talking about. Jim from Jim's Broncos. Jim is the guy who bought my 74 back in 1990!! I was wondering if he was still in business, but could not remember exactly how to get out there and lost his business card years ago. I did not recognize his last name.

OP
OP
Baja71

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Flash69 said:
I looked at your Gallery pics. You definately have a sweet rig.

Thanks, Flash. I'm very happy with the purchase.

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
Welcome Aboard, Nice Stroppe, So whats it like to own one of the very few ;D

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Baja71 said:
Thanks for the many Welcomes, guys. And 75Stroppe, nice sites!! ;D

Thanks a bunch. I just looked at your gallery pics. Very nice lookin' truck. Is that THE one that was on the cover of the LMC Truck catalog a few years back? I believe that cover shot is the same pic you're using for you avatar, no?

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
A nice find! It looks to be in very nice shape. Get some new shocks on it and get it dirty...it adds character. Welcome back to the fold.

OP
OP
Baja71

Baja71

Bronco Guru
BoltBuster said:
Welcome Aboard, Nice Stroppe, So whats it like to own one of the very few ;D

Thanks! It's still kinda sinkin' in. I just got it last Thurs. night. I was ready to purchase a "rust free", "low mileage" Sport from West Texas and made the guy pull up the rubber mats to look under it before I drove all the way out there and it was rust central under there. I wasn't planning on a Stroppe, but saw a fresh, new post and within hours was talking with the owner. The rest is short history.

OP
OP
Baja71

Baja71

Bronco Guru
1975stroppebaja said:
Thanks a bunch. I just looked at your gallery pics. Very nice lookin' truck. Is that THE one that was on the cover of the LMC Truck catalog a few years back? I believe that cover shot is the same pic you're using for you avatar, no?

Ok, Ok....ya got me. I stole the AVATAR fair and square. :cool:

As far as I know, it's never been a model. That AVATAR was just too close a match to resist. (hangs head in shame) :'(

Willie

Loc.
Austin Texas
Howdy, a second post from a newbie myself. A big day yesterday, I got my 76 inspected, insured, registered and on the road. After 2 1/2 years on a somewhat re-do, its a great feeling to be driving it, top off, dual exhaust humming and Robert Earl Keen blaring from a single dash speaker.
Life is good in Central Texas, at least for me. But I digress; I was wondering why they choose the paint scheme on the Stroppe Bronco. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just curious on why's.

airman

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome back. You not only Bought a Bronco, You bought a Baja Bronco. You not only bought a Baja Bronco, you bought a CHERRY Baja Bronco. Nice job man.

Jeff in AZ

OP
OP
Baja71

Baja71

Bronco Guru
airman said:
Welcome back. You not only Bought a Bronco, You bought a Baja Bronco. You not only bought a Baja Bronco, you bought a CHERRY Baja Bronco. Nice job man.

Jeff in AZ

Thanks! A lot of luck involved too! I've been looking thru the Gallery, there are some bada$$ Broncos in here! Wow.

OP
OP
Baja71

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Willie said:
Howdy, a second post from a newbie myself. A big day yesterday, I got my 76 inspected, insured, registered and on the road. After 2 1/2 years on a somewhat re-do, its a great feeling to be driving it, top off, dual exhaust humming and Robert Earl Keen blaring from a single dash speaker.
Life is good in Central Texas, at least for me. But I digress; I was wondering why they choose the paint scheme on the Stroppe Bronco. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just curious on why's.

Cool. Nice to be legal, huh? Where'd you insure it? I still have to do the Texas registration/insp/title/ins thing.

As far as the Stroppe, not sure about the color choice other than flash, but someone posted this site and it has tons of Stroppe Ads and Brochures on it:

http://www.frontiernet.net/~jmray/baja.htm

OP
OP
Baja71

Baja71

Bronco Guru
Willie said:
SNIP I was wondering why they choose the paint scheme on the Stroppe Bronco. Not that there is anything wrong with it, just curious on why's.

I was just thinking about your question and it dawned on me that those colors are Stroppe's corporate colors. He used red/white/blue with black letters. I'm sure the hood ended up with the matte black to help with glare reduction. My guess is that it is as simple as that.

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
Baja71 said:
I was just thinking about your question and it dawned on me that those colors are Stroppe's corporate colors. He used red/white/blue with black letters. I'm sure the hood ended up with the matte black to help with glare reduction. My guess is that it is as simple as that.

It's the same paint scheme as Stroppe used on most of his race vehicles. His Broncos (except the later Oly), his trucks, and even the Marauders he prepped in the stock car days. He might have chose the red white and blue to be patriotic and the matte black was for glare reduction.