• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Product - 351W Manifold Adapter from BC Broncos

admin

Administrator
Just your friendly, neighborhood webmaster...
Loc.
Phoenix, AZ
Product: 351W Manifold Adapter

Vendor description:
If you are trying to put a fuel injected 351w in your 66-77 Bronco but don’t want to kick out the big bucks for new upper and lower manifolds, or try to find a over priced GT40 setup, we have the product for you. After 2 years of development and testing B.C. Broncos has come up with an adapter that will allow you to use the 351w lower truck manifold and the car 5.0 HO upper manifold. This will allow you to put a 351W with EFI under a stock steel hood in your Bronco.

We put this setup on a Bronco with a 351W and the stock truck upper and lower manifolds and took it to the dyno shop for a base run. We then took it back to our shop and put on the adapter and 5.0 HO Mustang upper and then took it back and retested it at the dyno shop. We were concerned about loosing horsepower but found that with the adaptor setup we gained a few horsepower from 2500-5000 rpm’s.

Made of 1” thick aluminum with machined sealing surfaces, this kit comes with two gaskets and all necessary hardware. This is a true bolt-on fix for your hood and firewall clearance problems. Plus you may gain a little horsepower.

The adapter kit will be available in December. We are taking preorders now, if not Santa is on his way maybe you will get one.

Attachments

• ADAPTOR INSTALLED ONLY CUT.jpg
    ADAPTOR INSTALLED ONLY CUT.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 283
  • Dsc01380.jpg
    Dsc01380.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 204
  • Dsc01384.jpg
    Dsc01384.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 247
  • Dsc01387.jpg
    Dsc01387.jpg
    148 KB · Views: 204
  • Dsc01389.jpg
    Dsc01389.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 255
  • Dsc01541.jpg
    Dsc01541.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 294
  • dynoadaptor info clean.jpg
    dynoadaptor info clean.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 198

braxton357

Loc.
morganton NC
I'd assume this still requires a 2"bl though...? What else is in the kit or required other than the adaptor (and the upper)?

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Does this work with the GT-40 upper? It looks like it only works with the standard car upper? If so are there plans to make one for the GT-40 style?

Cactus killer

Sponsor/Vendor
The Bronco that was tested had a 1" body lift but had about 1" between the steel hood and the manifold.

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
Did you look at making it phenolic? Then it would be a combo phenolic spacer and adapter at the same time. You can get a TFS phenolic spacer from Summit Racing for ~$60.

dblue351

Thats sweet, too bad i already cut my hood to fit the massive 5.8 intake.....

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
SaddleUp said:
Does this work with the GT-40 upper? It looks like it only works with the standard car upper? If so are there plans to make one for the GT-40 style?
Your right, the whole idea was to be able to use the stock 351 lower with the common as dirt(cheap) mustang 5.0 upper and not lose power.

75mauibronco

Loc.
makawao
am I missing something

aloha, I guess being some what ignorant to the whole fuel injection aspect I was looking into this set up awhile back(96 351w from e350 van) and I was told by multiple people that a 5.0 upper is a direct bolt up to a 351w lower if so why would you need this adapter?

braxton357

Loc.
morganton NC
75mauibronco said:
aloha, I guess being some what ignorant to the whole fuel injection aspect I was looking into this set up awhile back(96 351w from e350 van) and I was told by multiple people that a 5.0 upper is a direct bolt up to a 351w lower if so why would you need this adapter?

It's not...that's why you need the adapter. Neither the upper nor (of course) the lower bolt on.

yakelys69

Are you still taking preorders? I couldn't find a way on your osc shopping cart.

Thanks
Kevin