• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New Proto fab Rear bumper & Front Bumper

DINOONE

Well finally got around to hacking off my old rear bumper and fitting my new Protofab rear bumper with tire carrier and gas carrier. Also installing a new front bumper as soon as I can get some "c channel"

dy4a2uru.jpg

3etyqy2u.jpg

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Looking good!
I have the same bumpers and added a hi-lift jack, CB and radio antenna mounts and a locking pin to hold the swing arms open on hills.

OP
OP
DINOONE

DINOONE

I paid $1850 for the set a little high but the build quality is amazing!

TN1776

Bronco Guru
Reinforce the heck out of your frame horns front and rear. A friend had the same protofab bumper fall off the back of his rig taking part of the frame with it. Those frame horns are not made to support that much weight.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Nice lookin Bumper for sure. Kicking around the thought of getting their bumpers as well. Definitely really nice work. ;D

They built my cage and it fits Great. I guess that Bumpers from them would be a no brainer.

Hovtherid

Loc.
Calhoun
Looks great. Just ordered a set for myself today. If you don't mind me asking what's the c channel for? Bumpers did come with mounts right?

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Looks great. Just ordered a set for myself today. If you don't mind me asking what's the c channel for? Bumpers did come with mounts right?

They have little stubby mounts that bolt thru the factory holes. Probably ok for just sitting on there but seems weak for the winch version up front or the rear with the tire carrier and gas can. I really love the way bailie bilt bumpers mount. They have a nice arm that goes up into the frame that is really strong! I would love to have PF bumpers with BB mounts :)

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
They have little stubby mounts that bolt thru the factory holes. Probably ok for just sitting on there but seems weak for the winch version up front or the rear with the tire carrier and gas can. I really love the way bailie bilt bumpers mount. They have a nice arm that goes up into the frame that is really strong! I would love to have PF bumpers with BB mounts :)

I've beat the heck out of my Proto Fab front and rear plate bumpers and have used the winch many times with no problems at all with the mounts they provide. Proto fab has been mounting bumpers this way for many years I'd think if there was a problem they would have changed them by now.

broncobsession

Bronco Guru
Aside from the top and bottom c channel, what else holds them on? Maybe mine fell out?? I will try to get pics of mine. Maybe it's that I spent the better part of 2 hours getting a front and rear BB installed and the PFs take about 15 minutes? Not a huge dig -- I obviously spent a grand on them and think they are the best looking bumpers out there. And mike is a great guy (as is Gordon).

matt w

Bronco Guru
I have had my Protofabs for a while now and love them! They are tuff!

malonejy

Bronco Guru
I've been running their pre-runner style rear bumper for about 10 years. I finally did some real damage this last weekend. This is not a knock on protofab, the bumper has stood up to some real abuse. The only reason it finally broke is because it kept getting caught on the rocks. My point it that their mounts are fine. I ripped the tubing and started to crack some welds, but the mounting system was not the weak point. They're great bumpers but I'm having something custom built that will carry a bigger spare and stay out of the way of rocks ;)

Attachments

• P1010299.jpg
    P1010299.jpg
    112 KB · Views: 204
  • P1010298.jpg
    P1010298.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 177
  • P1010301.jpg
    P1010301.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 171
  • P1010302.jpg
    P1010302.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 181
  • P1010300.jpg
    P1010300.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 167

bigmuddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Marthasville Missouri
I rolled a bronco off the trailer doing 70mph a few years ago, rolled the trailer and the pickup too. My wife who was behind me said the bronco came off and cartwheeled hitting both the front and rear bumper multiple times on the corners. It broke the frame front and rear and dented the front bumper on the end as well as one of the smaller tubes that reinforced the main tube (old style prerunner bumper) On the rear it bent the tube slightly by the rear tire carrier. End of the story I cut heated up the rear and bent it back out, on the front I cut the reinforcement bar off the top on each side. Still running them today, they are hell for stout. On another note the rear prerunner bumper hangs down way to much and I plan either modifying it to move it up, or adding the tire rack and can/cooler carrier to a different homemade bumper (thinking stealth bumper)

AZ69EB

I also finally purchased the front Protofab plate bumper to match my rear. I have had the complete rear plate bumper for a few years and love it. The cam latch system is rattle free and strong as heck.

FYI - Bronco Brothers - There is a major bronco vendor in the upper northwest who are selling cheap Chinese clones of the Protofab bumpers. If you buy it from a vendor, ask them if it is a "Real Protofab bumper made in the USA." You can always call Protofab and ask who are his trusted distributors.

rtreads

Loc.
What are the 2 white circles in each of the turn signal buckets on the front grill?

And the bumpers look great!

SSDDBRONCO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
What are the 2 white circles in each of the turn signal buckets on the front grill?

And the bumpers look great!

X2. I was looking at that too.
Btw looks awesome. You will be.pleased with protofab. They have served me good.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2