• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Proto Fab Rear Rock Blocker Bumper

OP
OP
Madgyver

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
I know what paint will go on my bumper.. (whatever I have left in the shed).

Just wondering what paint do you folks use for your bumper?

Hal9000

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Flagstaff, AZ
Not a problem I currently have to tackle, but my vote is for whatever looks halfway decent and is easy to touch up. (Assuming the bumper will actually get used)

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I used Rust Oleum black bed liner spray paint, it gives you a very nice satin black color with a very light texture to it.

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
that is a nice looking rear bumper. i bought one a simple tire carrier bumper on ebay that is sitting on my driveway. seeing your bumper makes me want to scrape off the minor surface rust, paint it and bolt it on.

post pics once it's bolted on.

MI-Bronco

Rust-oleum gloss black.
And if you use the "Professional" kind - ONLY use the "professional" kind.
And you know how I know that :mad:

ManTruck

Bronco Guru
I spent the $$ to powder coat also and scraped a lot of it off the first time I went wheeling:cry: I had it coated in a satin black with a light texture, I painted the front with Rust Oleum bed liner for $16 and it's a exact match to the rear.

I believe I witnessed that first scrape.

1sicbronconut

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I believe I witnessed that first scrape.

Nope they were done out in Choke Cherry Canyon and Moab way before RMR. Trail leading in the little LUBER did add a few though;D I'm sure that running Holy Cross in the LUBER at next years RMR will add even more!!