• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New shoes!!! 35's w/ 3.5" lift, 1 more picture

OsideDave

Finally after 16 years of running the same tires I bought some new 35x12.5x15 BFG KM2s. Could find much locally to flex it out but here's what it looks like. Pretty happy and it looks way better than prior tires. ;D

Attachments

• IMG_5812.jpg
    IMG_5812.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 277
  • IMG_5827.jpg
    IMG_5827.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 239
  • IMG_5828.jpg
    IMG_5828.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 191
  • GetAttachment[1].jpg
    GetAttachment[1].jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

74 Bronco Boy

Do u like the way it handles with the new tires? My dad has a set and he loves them.

Alec

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
Dave, are you running any body lift with that 3.5"
Are you having any clearance problems, if so, where?

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Very Nice! I plan to run 35" with 3.5" lift and a 1" body lift someday, but I hope it is sooner than 16 years! ;D

OP
OP
O

OsideDave

Looks good dave! So how do you love the stak and 351w

So far I love everything that I have done to the Bronco in the last 1.5 years, its just what it needed - a total refreshing. All the old stuff worked but everything was just that - 20+ years old. Plus it seems like the 35s will help with me wanting to drive it more on the hwy, rpms are close to 200 less at same speed.

OP
OP
O

OsideDave

Dave, are you running any body lift with that 3.5"
Are you having any clearance problems, if so, where?

No body lift! I was worried about rubbing (still am) but so far it does not rub but I have not done any real wheeling. I am going tomorrow to a local place that has some technical stuff so I will let you know.

I trimmed the rear fender well bottom edges at the seam, trimmed front fiberglass fender flares on both bottom ends, and from looking yesterday I need to trim the front seam edges shown in the picture.

Attachments

• IMG_5826.jpg
    IMG_5826.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 97

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
No body lift! I was worried about rubbing (still am) but so far it does not rub but I have not done any real wheeling. I am going tomorrow to a local place that has some technical stuff so I will let you know.

I trimmed the rear fender well bottom edges at the seam, trimmed front fiberglass fender flares on both bottom ends, and from looking yesterday I need to trim the front seam edges shown in the picture.

Keep me posted, I am looking at the same tire and size on a 3.5 with a 1" body lift. Really need to know how it clears offroad.

OP
OP
O

OsideDave

I have a 3.5 BCB lift with no body lift. Clearance was pretty good today wheeling, see added picture on first page. There are a few spots it rubs - very top of rear wheel wells on a the tabs at both ends - either trim those off or bend them up more. Front is rubbing like a thought but that can be trimmed as well.

Tires worked great climbing loose to rocky terrain. Got scraps on both sides of the rear quarter panels so we were getting into some pretty rough stuff.

JakeAlex

Loc.
New Albany, MS
On topic ?s - whats your overall opinion of these tires? Ive heard they are really good for street and offroad. I really like them and have been debating on them. was thinking 33s but now leaning towards 35s with my 3.5 lift except i will assume my eb has stock gears. Have you had them on the hwy at a decent speed yet? how are the 4.56 gears?

Off topic, I really like how you covered your vents on your hood. nice...