• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New to forum

69BroncoNH

Hi,

I'm new to this forum. I just picked up a '69 wagon (I think). This is my third vintage Ford, the others are a 69 Mach1 and 65 Comet.....they are quite different. Although finding parts will not be as challenging to find as the Comet.

The whole front sheet metal needs to be replaced, but otherwise it's a very complete truck, everything works. Although, it may need to be re-wired, the PO made some "changes". With all the rust, dis-assembly will be more work than re-assembly. This will be a "woods" truck for getting into remote trout ponds in northern NH and Maine, so this will not be a show quality resto.

One observation, like Vintage Mustang, doing a search yields many, many results. I expect I'll have ask for help......more than once.

Regards, John

OP
OP

69BroncoNH

As a matter of fact, I have - on occasion seen - rust on a vintage New England Ford.

John

PEELDOG

welcome aboard being from maine mine was and i stress was a rust-bucket. x2 on those trout ponds now your talking!

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Welcome
You might find that many bronco parts are from the comet. Either way broncos are well supported in todays market. I wish I was back in NH I love them hidden ponds and creeks.

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
Welcome. A lot of us here have classic Mustangs in addition to our Broncos. I have often robbed drivetrain parts off of one to get the other one running %)

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Hi John welcome from massachusetts
While there are not as many Bronco owners in New England than down south or out west, there is a pretty active group of bronco owners around here.

What part of New hampshire are you in??

Feel free to ask any questions, but thesese are pretty easy to work on, and just about all the metal parts are available.

Don

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
just watch out for that Tasker guy, I know he's in New Hampshire too!

oh and dont forget to come to BYOB 2009 in Central Mass, we'll have 25-30(although I'd like to see 35-40 there) broncos there

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
well! thanks pal! Welcome aboard, as stated there are quite a few of us locally. Feel free to pm me sometime and i'll give you my number. Do have some stuff that you may be able to use...

Last edited:

Madgyver

Bronco Madman
Welcome to the site....John

I am madgyver from Hawaii.....

Like it was stated many of us have other vintage Fords also...

OP
OP

69BroncoNH

Hi,

Thanks for all the welcome messages. I live in So. NH (Windham), the Bronco when finished will spend it's summers in Errol, NH (just 30 miles south of Quebec, as the crows fly).

John

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Welcome, there are lots of old Ford owners here. My 1st car was a '62 Fairlane, cousin to your Comet. Had a few '50s F100s and an old Faclon too. My '69 Sport is the newest Ford to date.