• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New to Me Nineteen Seventy

Gixxer63

Loc.
Northern Cackalacky
Greetings from another NC local!!!
I will be awhile before I will be able to enjoy my Bronco as it needs a ton of work just to get it roadworthy, but it looks like you are having a blast with yours! I also recognize some of those photos! I grew up in Stokes County and I used to pilot my GSXRs all around there.... Great roads, great scenery and good times!

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
Greetings from another NC local!!!
I will be awhile before I will be able to enjoy my Bronco as it needs a ton of work just to get it roadworthy, but it looks like you are having a blast with yours! I also recognize some of those photos! I grew up in Stokes County and I used to pilot my GSXRs all around there.... Great roads, great scenery and good times!

Awesome... some of em take longer than others thats for sure. I grew up hanging out in stokes county on the weekends. Lots of single tree inn days, tubing, hiking, camping and just straight up exploring. Once I got my yzf600, stokes county roads were the first I went to, hwy 8 up to moore springs and on to 66 towards pilot. Great riding up there.

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
What a terrific Bronco! I can tell you are a very proud of it--as you should be! It is stunning!
I've passed through Walnut Cove, NC numerous times and have never seen the "SALES LINCOLN FORD FORDSON SERVICE" sign. The very first photo you posted: Is that Sauratown Mountain or Hanging Rock in the background?
The guy that owns the building in walnut cove keeps a couple cool muscle cars and old Schwann sting rays in there. It't right in the middle of town on Main Street.

That would be Hanging Rock in that photo.

OP
OP
green61bug

green61bug

Contributor
Loc.
Greensboro
I got the 70 back from SurferB and have been enjoying it for a couple weeks now. I also got the hardtop installed for the winter and I absolutely love the look of it on there. It's going to be hard to remove it next summer. I'll speak more on the work that Brandy did in the future but for now I wanted to share a couple photos with the hardtop from a trip up to the NC mountains this weekend to look at some property.

DSC05796_CB.jpg DSC05799_CB.jpg

Last edited:

toddz69

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Looks awesome, Jesse! Stunning views as well. Looking forward to hearing about all the work Brandy did on it.

Todd Z.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Looks great with the hard top!
I really love the wheels and tires with no lift on that truck, the stance is prefect. I miss it. But glad you are using it.

My 67 is sitting in the corner of my shop under a cover surrounded by work stuff. I hardly drove it at all this year.

surfer-b

Contributor
Bronco Guru
defiantly one of the most rust-free Broncos I have seen /worked on, really solid rig