• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

new vintage looking slotted wheels?

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
OK I have done a little research and basically was a pest. think I found the person we should call.

Steve Zebert at American Racing at 1-800-421-5800 x 4031
He is incharge of the Ansen Sprint wheel so lets all call him and get them to make the wheel for us, all the other older ford truck, and even the old Jeep CJ's

Lets pester him so much that they won't have any other choice but to make them for us.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
MnkyBiz said:
Any progress on this front?

Well I am amazed Steve Zebert actually called me back today. He seamed to understand my concern, but still doesn't think there is enough demand to make a new mold for us. However he gave me the name of the person who is incharge of the offroad wheels.

I just talked to the other guy who is incharge of the offroad wheels, and while he doubts he can do anything for us at this time, he might be able to do something for us next year.

I have his e-mail and I will be our contact between the Bronco world and him. I am going to e-mail him this thread so he can keep a eye on the interest. There might even be a slight possibility that they could make a 8.5 inch wide wheel for us.

So if your interested in the Stroppe style wheel make sure you speak up. The more interest we can shoow him the better our chances.

Last edited:

1975stroppebaja

Bronco Guru
One of the few items missing from mine is the wheels. So given the near impossibility of finding originals I would REALLY like to have the option to buy a set of new ones that are at least close. 15x8.5 would be sweet! I don't recall the offset of the original Stroppe mags but if this gets serious Andrew Norton could tell us/them the exact specs.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
1975stroppebaja said:
One of the few items missing from mine is the wheels. So given the near impossibility of finding originals I would REALLY like to have the option to buy a set of new ones that are at least close. 15x8.5 would be sweet! I don't recall the offset of the original Stroppe mags but if this gets serious Andrew Norton could tell us/them the exact specs.

US Indy 15X8.5 with a 1 degree positive offset, Thats what the Stroppe wheels are. They are a hard to find Item with the 1 degree positive offset.

Baja71

Bronco Guru
broncolove said:
US Indy 15X8.5 with a 1 degree positive offset, Thats what the Stroppe wheels are. They are a hard to find Item with the 1 degree positive offset.

One _inch_ positive offset. ;)

I may be selling a complete set of FIVE of these slots soon. They are 1" pos offset and are 15x7s. They are in the pics in My Gallery.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
Baja71 said:
One _inch_ positive offset. ;)

I may be selling a complete set of FIVE of these slots soon. They are 1" pos offset and are 15x7s. They are in the pics in My Gallery.

HA HA been sitting behind my desk to long this week ;D Degrees would cause a slight wobble %) Thanks for the correction Baja71

OP
OP
dedgar

dedgar

maybe if we pester American racing, we could do a mass buy. I bet we could easily buy 100 sets!

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
yeah, saw that. look at the tires, they look like they're origional to the rims!

still, they're hard to find.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
Bet you someone will pay big bucks for them thinking they are getting stroppe rims. Toms Bronco parts put a set on there a month or so ago as Stroppe rims, and they were not, they were 15x7 and they sold for close to $500.00 :eek:

Baja71

Bronco Guru
broncolove said:
Bet you someone will pay big bucks for them thinking they are getting stroppe rims. Toms Bronco parts put a set on there a month or so ago as Stroppe rims, and they were not, they were 15x7 and they sold for close to $500.00 :eek:

They sold for $660!!! I told the guy they weren't Stroppe wheels early in the auction, but he didn't change his description.

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
Baja71 said:
They sold for $660!!! I told the guy they weren't Stroppe wheels early in the auction, but he didn't change his description.

Yea I knew they went for some big cash. I emailed them too, and they never replied back or changed the discription.