• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

New winch, think I got a deal.

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I have an awesome wife who always looks out for stuff I want/need. Lastnight she asked "can you use a Warn XD9000I?" I asked how much and she said it was 175 dollars. I was skeptical but we went to the guys house and he clearly had too much money. Besides that I asked him about the winch and he said it pulled fine but did not power spool out, only free spool. I said that's fine and gave him the 175 and left smiling. When I got home I pulled out the cable and to my surprise it seems as if it's never had more than 20' pulled out and it works flawlessly cable in/out and free spool!

Attachments

• IMAG0921.jpg
    IMAG0921.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 139
  • IMAG0922.jpg
    IMAG0922.jpg
    107.6 KB · Views: 156

.94 OR

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Excellent.

I found the winches sister 2 weeks ago (identical XD9000i). $120 because the guy couldn't get it to work. I fiddled with the remote for about 5 minutes and it works fine. I think I'll go poly rope while I'm at it.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Excellent.

I found the winches sister 2 weeks ago (identical XD9000i). $120 because the guy couldn't get it to work. I fiddled with the remote for about 5 minutes and it works fine. I think I'll go poly rope while I'm at it.

This cable is in pretty good shape but if I find money laying around I'll get some poly rope too.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
There is also nothing like a supportive spouse, we are some lucky fella's.

She is the best I could ask for. I think she feels bad because I have not touched the bronco since the failed attempt at making it to smorr. I started it this weekend and it seemed to run ok so I'm going to start working on it again. I miss it.

When I get home tonight I'll cut the bumper in half and graft in the winch plate.

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
She is the best I could ask for. I think she feels bad because I have not touched the bronco since the failed attempt at making it to smorr. I started it this weekend and it seemed to run ok so I'm going to start working on it again. I miss it.

When I get home tonight I'll cut the bumper in half and graft in the winch plate.

I'm missing it too! I look forward to seeing it running well and hoped you hadn't given up.

I know this is off topic, but I don't feel like sirching for your help thread. When I was doing the remote tune on Airburs we were getting really bad numbers at first, it was loading up with fuel etc..

Turned out to be the MAF setup he was running was getting air blown in to it from the fan. His setup is similar as far as MAF goes. I had him block the turbulence from the fan with a piece of cardborad just to test. She dialed in perfectly after that. This could be some of your problem. It was adding 12% more fuel right off the bat, and probably would have added more as time went on.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I'm missing it too! I look forward to seeing it running well and hoped you hadn't given up.

I know this is off topic, but I don't feel like sirching for your help thread. When I was doing the remote tune on Airburs we were getting really bad numbers at first, it was loading up with fuel etc..

Turned out to be the MAF setup he was running was getting air blown in to it from the fan. His setup is similar as far as MAF goes. I had him block the turbulence from the fan with a piece of cardborad just to test. She dialed in perfectly after that. This could be some of your problem. It was adding 12% more fuel right off the bat, and probably would have added more as time went on.

I'm watching the clear fuel filter at the tank and I'm getting a lot of bubbles and surging fuel levels in it when the idle surges and I think it's got to do with the return plumbed infront of the lift pump and after the tank sending unit. Honestly I'm going to drill a hole in the filler neck or tank and plumb the return there and just keep trying to fine tune the timing by ear until I get it some place good. If all fails then I'll swap out the ballancer with the one you sent me and try from there. I also need to plumb all the fuel lines again. I'm going with steel line and the high pressure pump in back and no lift pump. I'd get on it tonight but my buddy I lent some tools to still has them so I'll take the Wife fishing tonight and hit it tomorrow.

EFI Guy

Sponsor/Vendor
TheEFIguy@gmail
Loc.
BFE
Sounds like you have a good plan of attack. I'd go ahead and just swap the balancer as soon as you have time. No sense in risking a faulty one wiping out your main bearings.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Sounds like you have a good plan of attack. I'd go ahead and just swap the balancer as soon as you have time. No sense in risking a faulty one wiping out your main bearings.

The main symptom before was a great Idle but as soon as you give it the beans you get a total loss of power and enough backfires to get the cops called.

Oh and this is on the road. It would rev just fine while parked.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Sounds like you need take her fishin again and let the Kid fix the Bronco!