• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newb with a lift parts/kit question

JAFHR

Loc.
Bend Oregon
Hello all, I am a newby over here and want to ask a question concerning lifts. I know it's been asked many times before but I feel it's my turn now. I have both a 1968 and 1971 bronco. The 68 has Rancho 2" and the 71 has TBP 3.5 " lift. No question what is better, but with the 68 I plan to go through the whole thing and want the best suspension for the buck (Not cheap stuff). My driving style is 80% street with 20% dirt and trails. I want a nice soft ride for the street that also handles well. I'm wanting a 3.5 lift with a 2" body lift in order to put in a different tranny. I understand WH, TBP, Duffy are all good. But of course I want Biltsteins shocks. How can I piece together a system that is similar or better to what is offered as a package. I don't want to buy a package and have the extra cost of new shocks. Also does Bilstein still make shocks for this set up and where to get them.

What are you guys recommending?
Location is Central Oregon.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey JAFHR, welcome to CB!
You should get quite a few answers to your questions here. And you can glean quite a bit of knowledge from cruising the tech-article section and the vendors links (although naturally we're a bit biased sometimes! ;D and just the general forums.
Until someone answers about the Billstein shocks specifically too (not sure if Dudley sells them or not, but worth a call) you can use the search function for "billstein" and see what pops up.
Quite a few members here are running the different series and seem to be very happy with them. And many of those have gone the custom-valve route and special ordered theirs with specific valving compatible with their vehicle's weight and their driving habits.

Should be a fun learning curve, to say the least!

Enjoy. And again, welcome to the site. Hope you find everything you need.
Not to mention meeting new friends and potential helpers. LOTS of members here are from your general area, so that shouldn't be hard.

Paul