• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbee Question Cut Or Not To Cut

ESPEEDY

Loc.
ALBUQUERQUE
I am the proud new owner of a un cut 66 roaster, and thought the cut rear fenders was a factory option. I am planning a lift kit only cuz it looks good, however the bronco is not going to see any heavy off roading and I would like to put some reasonable tires and wheels on it and not cut the fenders. I would like to put some 31's. Should i use a 21/2 or31/2 lift kit. She has a 200 6 cylinder(she's a cruzer not a bruzer) in and I have ordered a new floor shift from the grave yard. Any info would help and sorry for the such a stupid question. Thank you in advance
Remember, pedal to the metal untill you see GOD, then back it off just a bit! ;D

Last edited:

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
I like the uncut look with 31's. A sweet look. I would lift just enought to fit and no more. I wish mine was uncut, but seeing it is, I like it just the same.

broncow72

Village Idiot
Loc.
Spring,TX.
I would leave it uncut. A 2 1/2" lift with 31-10.5 tires will look VERY sweet. There is another feller on here (Coach Barnes, where are you?) that is having an uncut rig restored. It seems to be a growing trend. Look on the Socalbroncos site (thats a yahoo/groups site). Their trip last weekend to Big Bear had a couple uncut rigs that went almost anywhere the modified guys went. But, this is only my opinion ;)

Alan

74BroncoCO

Bronco Guru
I had 2" of SL and 2" of BL and while it fit 33's, there was no room for flex. The uncut is cool, you should lift it, probably the 2-1/2 would do, but the 3-1/2 would make sure, then if it's too much, run 32's. After that if you like it, then don't cut.

J.D.

trailpsycho

Bronco Guru
Stay uncut. A 2.5 inch suspension lift and a 1 inch BL with 31s looks good...I run it ;D ...mine has been cut for a long time though. Uncut it will look great. I would check into 31X9.50s (vs 31X10.50s) to insure that you wont have any rear fender interference...oh yeah and stay with a narrow rim (15X7) that will help too. With narrower rims, the 31X10.50s may still work OK. Good luck and post pics.

sellers69

Loc.
Durango, Colorado
Not even a question do not cut... People spend lots of time looking for thosse rare uncut gems. Flares are cool but an uncut 66 roadster, way coller.

SaddleUp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
If you have a 66 uncut "original" roadster model then I would restore it back to stock in all aspects including the stock suspension. Once you start modifying it the value will drop since you have a rare one.

yak67

Bronco Guru
If it were me, I'd leave it uncut, put a 3 1/2" lift and 33x9.5's with some stock wheel and hub caps, that would look sweet! I need to find me an uncut diamond in the rough ;D

Cavalry

Loc.
I HATE UPSTATE NY
depends on the truck...if its a little rotten here and there and will need body restoration CUT IT.

If its a pristine tub and you are into the uncut look leave it be.

Personally I would have made them cut from the factory. I think they look much better....but its your truck not mine!

commonlaw

Loc.
Seattle
If you are unsure about the look you ultimately want with your rig, don't cut it, you can't get it back once you do. You can always add with impugnity but you cannot subtract.

Personally, I would leave it uncut, with a 2 inch lift and 32's. Good luck.

gddyap

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mtn View, CA
If you decide on cut, sell it to someone who wants an uncut and then buy one that is already cut.

Gil
GDDYAP

stevew

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Elliston Montana
If it's truly a '66 U13 Roadster don't even think of cutting it ! :eek:
I've got people standing in line wanting a gennie '66 roadster .. STOCK . If you keep it & lift it check out all my lifted uncut Bronc's on my site . I've probably got pics of close to 2 dozen uncut Bronco's on there , lifted & stock that I've built . I'm currently finishing another uncut lifted one .
www.bigskybroncos.com
Call me if ya wanna sell it ! ;D ;D

Fathom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Los Angeles
Sounds like we are inthe same boat, except my PO had installed the 3.5" BC lift, Power steering, Power breaks, and I had the chevy disk installed in the front...Here are a few pics.... :cool:

Attachments

• Bronco_66_01a1.jpg
    Bronco_66_01a1.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 23
  • Bronco_66_03a.jpg
    Bronco_66_03a.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 47
  • Bronco_66_02a.jpg
    Bronco_66_02a.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_0194a.jpg
    IMG_0194a.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0197a.jpg
    IMG_0197a.jpg
    64.9 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0428a.jpg
    IMG_0428a.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_0429a.jpg
    IMG_0429a.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 27

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I thought that it was time to enter into this perennial debate.

I have both an uncut and a cut. They are both exceptional. But as a rule the uncut gets more attention. I have analyzed the phenomena and have come to the conclusion that the uncut is viewed as a clean Bronco with potential. The cut is viewed as already under modification, but not there yet. In other words, to have an exceptional cut Bronco it must be VERY exceptional, possibly because they are very common. To have an exceptional uncut, it just needs to be clean and all there. Understand where I am going with this?

Last edited:

CallmeGoof

Loc.
Crivitz, WI
Dang it! I was going to cut mine and now you guys have me thinking. I want to run 40'' tires on my Bronco. Any suggestions???

Jen

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i saw 36" mickey thompsons on a uncut in san diego a few months ago. i walked right past it and then reallized what it was.

CallmeGoof

Loc.
Crivitz, WI
Well how can I do this without cutting them? I want 40's and I would prefer to leave the Bronco in one piece and not swap parts just for this reason only.

Jen