• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NEWBIE HELP! Aftermarket or used factory front fenders???

G

Okay folks, my 2 month hunt for some cherry used factory front fenders is wearing me down. I've had 3 different people pull the rug out from under me at the last second and I'm getting pi$$ed. :mad:

I need my rig back on the road ASAP. At the very least, I need a new Lt. front fender and maybe a new grill. I don't mind buying both fenders since most don't want to break up a set.

Sooooooooo, which is best, aftermarket steel front fenders or used factory front fenders? The price is basically the same, and I am worried about the aftermarket fenders quality and fit. Please give me your advice on this. For those recommending aftermarkets, where should I get them.

Thanks for all help!

Frustrated in NC.

(Jeff B)
1974 EB w/302/C4

Thanks,

Jeff

BwoncoHowie

C-4 Wizard
If you are willing to pay $, Dennis Carpenter has new ones made with original Ford tooling. They are a little pricey but still fairly reasonable for what you are getting.

http://www.dennis-carpenter.com/

The ones from Taiwan are garbage. The fit and finish is poor and inconsistent, and not worth the money.

If the used ones have rust, don't risk it.

Depends on what kind of quality you are looking for and your budget.

Hope this helps.... ~BH

I also hope you will register at this site and join the brotherhood here. It cost nothing and this place is an excellent collective resource if you plan to keep your Bronco ;D

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
The same company make all of those gypsy fenders. No matter who you buy them from, all the same except price. I would try my best to find some used factory fenders. But, be careful you don't buy some used aftermarket fenders. People try to shy away from e-bay but sometimes you have to do what you have to do. Search " ford bronco " AND " early bronco ". Good luck

67ster

Bronco Guru
The aftermarket ones are built in the dark , total junk as far as fit and finish go . By the time you rework the things ,time alone would pay for the DC pieces . Used is OK if you follow the advice given previously .

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D Go for good used ones the jap ones are junk and don't fit to well or carpenter has fact. ones he makes from ford mold good luck. ::) ::) ::) Bill 8) ::) :p

74bronc

Bronco Guru
I completely disagree about the aftermarket fenders. I paid 80 bucks each for my front fenders and they fit perfectly. I got them from Interstate Auto Body parts when I worked for a body shop in Utah. They aren't as thick as the originals, but all the bolt holes lined up, the lines match on the bronco and they look good. Look at them in the gallery page 37, 2nd one down (in the pics where it is primered dark blue). If you are going for a totally factory restoration, search for some originals. If you want some fenders that look nice on a daily driver, go with the aftermarkets.