• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Newbie questions, tire size, etc for a near stock 69

deputyb112

I don't have an EB yet but my uncle has willed me his. It is a 1969 and is pretty much stock with the exception of the fenders being cut and having aftermarket flares of some kind. I was just wondering what are some of the largest tires that I can put on this model? I want to say that it has 31's on it already but I can't be for sure. It is black with a silver top, 302, and (I think) a 3 on the tree. I haven't seen it in a long time and the last time I rode in it was about 20 years ago. It is a pretty clean ride from what I have seen and heard. I was wondering if I could maybe put some 33x9.50's on it since the fenders have been cut some and I'd like to know how hard the top is to take off. If 33x9.50's wont fit, how much lift will it more than likely take to clear them? I like the taller narrow tire look on the EBs myself, but may eventually go to a 33x12.50. Also what gear ratio am I most likely to have and will it have disc or drum front brakes with it being a 69 model? All help is greatly appreciated............Rusty

2badrotties

Just a Bronco guy !
Loc.
Niskayuna N.Y.
I have a 69 with box stock suspension no body lift and some fiberglass K bar S flares. I run 32X11.50 and I couldn't get them to rub if I jumped the grand canyon ( well maybe ). I am positive I could run 33's without a problem. One important thing to remember is that not all flares are the same size. I just bought a set off e-bay without a box so I don't know who made them and they are nowhere near as big as the flares from KbarS. While I'm here I wish someone could tell me where I can get another set of the K bar S flares.