• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

No more free build sheets. Ford charges $17 now.

Old School

Loc.
AZ
Hi- I'm a newbie, but have lurked here for a while. I have a 73, 2 76's and a 77.

Today, I called Ford to get the free build sheet letter. I got one a week ago for my 1977 and have always requested them anytime I get a "new" old Ford.

I called today to request one for my 73 Ranger.

It was nice of them to provide this service and I thought it was smart business to generate enthusiasm for their brand since if you are excited about old Fords, you likely look at new Fords first when buying new.

But...

As of yesterday, 6/28/11, they now refer you to a website where you have to pay $17 to order one.

OP
OP
Old School

Old School

Loc.
AZ
You can get a Marti report, with the same info the Ford letter contained, for $15.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Hopefully the pay build sheets come error-free. It would suck to pay $17 and get one that says your EB was built on Nov 35th, 1976.

rockingm82

Loc.
St. Peters, MO
What's the website?

Does this mean they're going to lower the cost of their new cars due to the newly found income?

I don't see a problem charging a fee for something like this. If they were 99.9% sure you would buy a new Ford due to the free service, then I'm sure they would continue to offer it for free. I think those of us that like to fix old cars and even keep our not so old cars running for decades or more aren't the customer car manufacturers are looking for. They would prefer we buy a new car every couple years.

For me, there is no swaying toward one brand or the other due to my Broncos. For my daily driver, I look for the best value, as does most of the population, and car manufacturers realize this.

Bundy

Bronco Guru
so what's the website? I'm lazy enough to pay $15 to get my EB history :)

OP
OP
Old School

Old School

Loc.
AZ
www.martiauto.com is the place that does them for $15.
The $15 "standard" report has all the info the Ford one did. The $40 one is the one with all the "one of one" production data

That way when you sell your EB at Barrett-Jackson, the guys on TV can talk about your Broncos Marti report! ;)

Bundy

Bronco Guru
what comes with the Marti Report? is that the one that breaks down the VIN, build date, tells you original color, standard features etc?

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
That's because it comes on a Ford letterhead with the trademarked Ford logo. You know they charge for everything with Ford logos on it. I bet their own lawyers found out they were doing it and are now charging themselves a lisencing fee! %) LOL

Bundy

Bronco Guru
okay, so how do you call Ford and get one of them fancy letterheads? ;)

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
JUST GOT in under the wire, i ordered one 4 weeks ago, got it already and FREE!

OP
OP
Old School

Old School

Loc.
AZ
I got a deluxe Marti report for my new Bronco.
It's pretty cool. Way better than the Ford letter.

I found out they made 349 1977 Broncos in Candyapple red with the decor group and the white tape stripe.

Here's something we find hard to believe today:

The dealer ( Don Sanderson in Glendale) ordered it for stock.
They received it on 4/22/77. They didn't sell it until 11/23/77.
It sat on the lot for 7 months!