• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

No paint code on VIN tag???

stlkikn

Brief history on my newest...

1968 utility,289, bench seat with cargo barrier, 66,000 miles. Was bought by previous owner in 1968 from his local Ford dealership. (I am the second owner)
DSO code seems to show some type of special order, the truck has always been medium blue (roof too) with white doors.
There is NO paint code present on the vin tag, or the warranty card, and no mention of it with the original paperwork either.
There is some indication that the truck was used by the dealership as a service vehicle for a (very) short period of time, and may have actually been ordered that way directly from the factory.... any others out there with a similiar history?

Attachments

• p side.JPG
    p side.JPG
    57.8 KB · Views: 30

clarrance

Bronco Guru
I seen one this past weekend it appeared to be a 71 model, no paint code and a 6- 7 digit DSO that started with 22........ I didn't write the number down but I know it was not a Stroppe. Must have been some kind of special order.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Since it was ordered for dealership use they may have ordered it unpainted so they could paint the complete vehicle the color they wanted. Although I guess the factory could have painted it but White was the standard color for the top never seen one the same color as the body from the factory

OP
OP
S

stlkikn

I know the roof could be optioned to the same paint code as the body...
my 69 1/2 cab also has a body colored roof.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yeah, I have a friend with a 6-digit DSO 71 with black w/black roof. I also know of other special paint Broncos. I ran across a 68 U152, Caltrans orange inside and out, top and body, no color code, and 6 digit DSO for Northern Cal where I found it. So it's possible your dealer special ordered it a base color or all blue and thats the reason for the 6 digi.

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
I have 1 of those too, a 76 with a DSO 6 digit code and no paint code, it was a pretty cool lime green paint color, (not the factory lime green) came from CO.

BajaBronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Cool, maybe a BLM truck. I like those ones ordered for work.