• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Non-gearhead Bronco enthusiast; looking for suggestions and advise

Selena raines

I started a 1966 resto-mod project about 15 years ago, and I'm finally in a position to get it finished. I had friend with car knowledge helping me back then, but I have moved away and we lost touch; so I'm looking for advice.

I'm getting ready to take it into the body shop first. This part I mostly have covered. I have mostly new OEM or fiberglass body parts/tub. I have a full roll cage, and I have a Tom's fold and tumble rear seat. My questions relate mostly to safety and cosmetic details. I do have the engine out of a late 80's Mark V, and the transmission has been converted to automatic that I plan to leave on the column; but I will have way more questions about engine and wiring later, as this is not my area of even basic knowledge.

-What shoulder seat belts to you recommend that are safe? Especially for the rear seat, because I will be strapping in car seats.

-What front seats would be best? I was hoping to mount all of my seats to the roll cage for added safety. I am very short, so I need something that will adjust forward, but also something that somewhat fold forward to allow access to the rear seat. Has anyone used power seats from a late model vehicle?

-About the dash. I want to put in a radio. I'm trying to decide if I go with the modern retro radios, or put in a new touch screen radio? My current dash will require modification either way.

-I have a set of the new dash switches and knobs, but are all of these needed? Should I add some other custom items to the dash? Like a USB input? And, where would you put it?

I will post many more questions later. Thanks!

ared77

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My '66 Restomod has stereo in the Tuffy center console and uses Polk Audio speaker pods mounted to the four corners of the roll cage. Sounds awesome!

Also my seats and all seat belts bolt directly to the roll cage. I'll try to add some pictures later if you want.

Norm