• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Noob question on transfer case

jackson

Loc.
Monument
So when I bought the Bronco there was no knob on the 4WD shifter... when I bough the truck I thought that transfer cases were all the same had no idea about shift patterns now after reading post for a while I am wondering what shift pattern I have is there a fast way to tell and the truck is not drivable at the moment so if that is part of the solution I guess that it will have to wait.

Jackson

broncolove

The Bronco Ranch
Loc.
S.E. Michigan
The T-shifter will only go forwards and backwards and in its stock form has a Chrome T-handle on the top of it with no threds to screw a knob on, The J-shifter moves forwards and backwards and to the passenger side and has threds on the top

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
Yes to the above, however the early broncos(1966-maybe 68's,not sure) with T-shifters were just a knob...
4lo
N
2hi
4hi...............HTH,Chuck