• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • The Classifieds forum is a place to buy and sell, not an open forum for people to give their opinions on Bronco values. Unless the seller specifically asks for help on pricing, please don't critique quality or asking price. If you're not interested then move on. - Thanks!
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NH Not mine - Looked at Yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Went and crawled around this truck yesterday and this is a good example of the mis information that all these new "flipper" tv shows are causing. The guy is an admitted bowtie fan and I really think he thought this was a deal. He bought it off his cousin and spent two whole months putting it together. All the diamond plate you see, plus a bunch you don't is doing exactly what we all perceive is the intended purpose, cover up. To be fair, he did cut out all the floors and pop rivit the diamond plate in place. The more I looked, the more I saw the "short cuts" used. This was cut when he got it so he put back the cut outs. I could clearly see the pop rivits holding them in. A close inspection on the door jams indicated very deep mud under the paint. Too bad to because it was cute. He is showing it without a radiator or a rear drive shaft. Well technically there was a rear drive shaft there, it was just too short. A comparison of the two rear wheel wells clearly shows a difference of almost 2 inches between the tire and the lip.

Would I buy it for $2500 and bang around town in it, sure. But the price tag was a bit to high for my blood and he was not looking for opinions or creative criticism. Nice guy that I think let too many of the current tv choices bend his perception. The real issue is that some star struck kid is going to spend his hard earned savings on his dream truck and take it hard on the back side. He was not being deceptive as he said several times "It is what it is" but a buyer who does not know what to look for will pay for it in the long run.

Attachments

• derry green.jpg
    derry green.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 530

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Did he say why it had no radiator or a drive shaft that would fit?

Mono

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Stearing wheel install is interesting- hipster for sure

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
Did he say why it had no radiator or a drive shaft that would fit?

The driveshaft is too short after the lift kit but he did drive it home from the paint shop. As for the radiator all he said is that he had it to put back in. Since I was not a buyer at that point any way I did not follow up.

Stearing wheel install is interesting- hipster for sure

He is a rather large bot and did that for clearance. He also had wooden blocks under the front seat to raise it.

Did real odd stuff like redrill the windshield frame for a wiper and then put a screw/filler into the old one and just painted over it.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
I called and talked to the guy. I agree it's way over priced. Its a basic stock rig with new paint, seats, a lift and a few other things.

Pete, how "rust fee" was it? He told me it was a woods truck and was pretty beat up but nor rust?

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I called and talked to the guy. I agree it's way over priced. Its a basic stock rig with new paint, seats, a lift and a few other things.

Pete, how "rust fee" was it? He told me it was a woods truck and was pretty beat up but nor rust?

Ken, he cut out the floors and then "replaced" them with all that diamond plate. So that may be rust free to some but... The rear of the floor looked pretty jagged from underneath as well. The frame was undercoated as well but I saw one spot that looked like it was rusted through. At this point I stopped looking real hard since I new his number and mine would be too different. There was A LOT of diamond plate, both aluminum as well as steel. I say in two years the quarters, jams and lower fenders will show signs of serious blistering. The right door did not close well at all and the left door was very tight. It will need a new tub in a few years and the frame????

There was a lot of plastic in it as well.

The funny thing is, I would buy the thing in a second for $2500 or so and just drive it like I stole it. Other odd thing he said is that it had a 2 speed tranny in it (auto), but as far as I know the c-4 was never a 2 speed. I know the bowtie crowd had the turboglide 2 speed. So I do not know if he was misinformed or if there was an issue with the transmission shifting more than once.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Alot of those floatin around these days, for sure.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Ken, he cut out the floors and then "replaced" them with all that diamond plate.

This is pretty much what he told me and it's what turned me off to the rig.

He did say he sees these on the internet all the time and they are going for $30K and $40K. %) I told him even at $10K it has to be turn key and have a lot of nice upgrades.

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
This is pretty much what he told me and it's what turned me off to the rig.

He did say he sees these on the internet all the time and they are going for $30K and $40K. %) I told him even at $10K it has to be turn key and have a lot of nice upgrades.

Yeah he told me the same thing. I realized then that he would not be open to any "constructive criticism" and wished him good luck. What really has me shaking my head though is, how much really would it have cost to hang new quarters versus pop riviting cutouts in. The panels are cheap and he has to have a lot of hours into the quarter (plastic work) sinces it does look good from the outside.

Again for $2500 you could drive it and slowly replace the panels that need it. I would have even looked at the "removable" quarter option than Todd did. Buy two panels, prep them for eventual install and then paint them out. When you have the chance, cut off the old quarters and bolt up the new ones. Floors would be easy to do over time.

And he was a nice guy and did not purposefully hide anything here, just mis-informed as to what a $10k bronco is.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
And he was a nice guy and did not purposefully hide anything here, just mis-informed as to what a $10k bronco is.

Glad you mentioned that, yes he was great to talk to and I think from what he said and what you saw he did a good job describing it. To many people see these rigs and think they can make a fast buck. Very misinformed.

OP
OP
fatboy

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
It's nicer than mine, and I almost paid that much.

No it's not. You can drive yours, this one does not currently move under it's own power. A nice paint job does not equal better quality and in fact some people would rather see something pre paint to make sure nothing is hiding there. Again, he was very up front with me that there was plastic in this (and it was obvious in some areas) so I am not trying to sell this guy out as a "SNS" type, that is not the case. He slapped it together cause that is what he knows and was planning on driving it locally. I think he saw one too many bronco flipping episodes...

MR-CYN

Loc.
NH
No it's not. You can drive yours, this one does not currently move under it's own power. A nice paint job does not equal better quality and in fact some people would rather see something pre paint to make sure nothing is hiding there. Again, he was very up front with me that there was plastic in this (and it was obvious in some areas) so I am not trying to sell this guy out as a "SNS" type, that is not the case. He slapped it together cause that is what he knows and was planning on driving it locally. I think he saw one too many bronco flipping episodes...

The only EB's I've seen over the last couple of years up here for less than 7k are complete garbage basketcases. They are definitely going for more now than they used to, pay more get less. Just IMHO. And mine doesn't drive very well after the jonfund event, I came out with a ticky. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.