• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

not starting after new ignition module installed

Jess Luvs 2Romp

Loc.
Montara, CA
so everything is working, but the engine.. there's spark, and there's gas. do i need to screw with the timing now after installing the module?

it's a MSD 'offroad' module if that helps.

RRRAAAYYY2

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Brantford, Ontario
If there is spark and gas you should be good to go. But since you are not, I dont know. I would give a little more detail to what happens when you turn the key. What noises does it make? The more detail you give, the better answers you will get.

Kaw-Liga

Loc.
Palm Coast, FL
What color is the spark...if yellow then it is not hot enough, you should be seeing a blue-ish color. Is your coil new/good? plugs? wires? gap on the plugs? dist. cap?

Rob

OP
OP
Jess Luvs 2Romp

Jess Luvs 2Romp

Loc.
Montara, CA
i just got new wires spark plug wires, the spark is very strong, the cap i'm not sure about. when i say the spark looks good, i only saw it come out of the wire that goes from the coil to the top/center of the distributor. i can't see spark goin to the plugs, but i thought i might have been doing the 'screw driver' test wrong, because it managed to backfire when i screw with the timing. should i be able to see a bright spark at each of the spark plug wires?

70_Steve

Old Guy
Spark, fuel, and an occasional backfire.... You didn't, by any chance, pull the distributor, did you? It sounds like the distributors in 180 deg out.