• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NP 205 Donor Vehicles What Years/Vehicles (includes a c/l add for one fs)

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
looking at the 205 with behemoth setup, but i don't know what years to look for to find a 205? thanks.

Last edited:

ET

Contributor
Bronco Guru
My search has found married ford np205 are the same. Everyone I've asked said the same. I've not seen any difference from when I was looking. I recall the years are 74-79 f100/250.

Eugene

sykanr0ng

Bronco Guru
My search has found married ford np205 are the same. Everyone I've asked said the same. I've not seen any difference from when I was looking. I recall the years are 74-79 f100/250.

Eugene

F250 were not married transfer case until 1977.5 (after the highboy)

Broncobowsher

Total hack
Don't forget '78/9 Bronco as well.
There is also the NP203 used at that time as well, completely different.

kyle

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wasn't in the F150 until 1977 I believe. Before that it would have been the single speed Dana 21.

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru

That's the one...custom twin-sticks and all.

I don't know when Ford first started using the NP205's in the F150, however an all original '76 I parted out for the axles had the exact same setup as my '77 F150 driver, so I'm fairly certain '77 wasn't the first year. In the end, it doesn't really matter what it comes from so long as it's the right unit.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
That's the one...custom twin-sticks and all.

I don't know when Ford first started using the NP205's in the F150, however an all original '76 I parted out for the axles had the exact same setup as my '77 F150 driver, so I'm fairly certain '77 wasn't the first year. In the end, it doesn't really matter what it comes from so long as it's the right unit.

exactly Apogee, just want to make sure it is the right part.

OP
OP
F

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
owner said the twin sticks were stock? also what is a good price on used 205

Apogee

Contributor
Bronco Guru
owner said the twin sticks were stock? also what is a good price on used 205

No such thing as stock twin-sticks. A stock Ford NP205 has a beam that connects the two shift rails, with a linkage from the middle of the beam to the shifter which was mounted to the tailhousing on the NP435 transmission (or C6 if it was an auto).

There's some decent info here with pictures: http://www.fordification.com/tech/transfercase.htm

Good price is one where you don't have to ship it...I have two sitting on my garage floor and one in my pickup, all in great shape. I'd probably ask $150 each and take less. Shipping one is possible, but not cheap considering their ~140# shipping weight. They squeak in under UPS/FedEx's 150# parcel limit, but I just estimated shipping from OR to VA and it was about $90 via FedEx.