• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NP 205 shift fork pin plug extraction trouble

jbtherat

Loc.
Houston
I can't get the pin plug out of the shift forks on np 205. I've tried 3/16 pin punch but pins won't budge. Any ideas?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
perhaps some heat. But I have never had to fight that hard to get them out.

OP
OP
jbtherat

jbtherat

Loc.
Houston
Thanks for the response. I finally got it. Drilled the top portion of roll pin so the 3/16 punch would set firmly in groove.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Must use the proper roll pin pinch. The ones with the little bump on the tip. Don't use a flat punch.

OP
OP
jbtherat

jbtherat

Loc.
Houston
Thanks bax . My punch was flat. It will be beveled or rounded when I reassemble.

I'm a little skeptical of some of these seal kits. Any recommendations on kit brands; seals and gaskets?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
I have bought several different kits, some from venders on the site and some from transmission supply shops. getting the correct yoke seals are the tricky parts. You need to know what kind of yokes you have to get the right kit. many kits have both kinds of yoke seals.