• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NP435 Shifter Stuck

AussieBronco

So I pulled out the shifter of my NP435 so I could mess around with the tunnel cover that I got from Jeff's and when I put the shifter back in it is frozen into place. I can't change gears at all. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might have happened and how I can rectify it without having to pull the trans as I have only just put it back in!
Thanks guys,
Lindsay

ScanmanSteven

Bronco Guru
Chances are the transmission wasn't in neutral when you removed the shifter. Take it back out, look down in the top and you'll see 3 sorta U shaped slots, they would all three be lined up if it's in neutral, otherwise, just guide the shifter into the one that isn't lined up and presto, it's fixed. You can then move the shifter to neutral, try shifting thru the gears.

OP
OP
AussieBronco

AussieBronco

I followed shamu's instructions of putting it on jack stand to release the pressure and then fiddled the shifter around to try and put all the forks in neutral and got it. Thanks a bunch guys, you saved me so much time!

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
I followed shamu's instructions.

Aussie thanks for making my day for helping you out. ;)