• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NV 3550 Swap Questions

ganktime

Loc.
Seattle, WA
So I ponied up and bought the NV 3550 new trans and adapter from Toms Bronco.

I currently have a 4 speed manual top loader and am wondering if I can sell the whole transmission, IE bell housing, linkage, shifter, pressure plate? I am pretty sure I wont need the bell housing and shifter but not sure about the rest.

If anyone knows what is left over or what will stick around let me know - my mechanic friend says he will know for sure once we do the swap, but I want to sell what I can to alleviate the cost of the new one ASAP.

Thanks for any help!

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
You will need the belhousing.. it has to be modified but you need it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

OP
OP
G

ganktime

Loc.
Seattle, WA
Ok so I can sell the shifter, clutch disc and anything else with the old transmission getting swapped out?

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
You can loose the tranny, clutch disc, and cross member. That's about it. I had to gather all the manual stuff when I swapped the C4 to a NV3550.