• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NV3550 and D20 twin stick set up

abielenberg

Loc.
Parker, CO
So we started installing the twin stick set up from broncograveyard and we ran into a few issues. We did the nv3550 swap and kept the d20. But as we were installing the kit, we noticed that the right hand stick is hitting the shift lever. and the lower part of that stick is running into the bracket on the tcase. nothing is lining up at all. any help would be great.

Izzy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Texas
Mine didn't fit out of the box either. Had to bend them a little to clear.

Take some pics and we can try and help you more.

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
WH ones here - had to heat and bend them too.

You sure the mounting bracket is in the right set of holes? Should be in the top hole resting snug against the shifter housing.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
I have the WH twin stick on my D20 and NV3550 and they fit fine with no mods. I wonder what the problem is that you guys are having? Post pics.
Pictures from the Chariot off-the-frame rebuild...

Attachments

• Frame_after_4.jpg
    Frame_after_4.jpg
    228.8 KB · Views: 104
  • Frame_after_5.jpg
    Frame_after_5.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 94

Miker

Bronco Guru
I have the WH twin stick on my D20 and NV3550 and they fit fine with no mods. I wonder what the problem is that you guys are having? Post pics.

Sum-bitch I'm in love with those pics! Man, those frame ups where people take pride in their parts as well as how to make them look so nice, it's like ya' wish someone would invent see through bodies for em',,,, well, sorta.;)

xcntrk

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NOVA
I bent my WH ones out of convenience. When in high, they were too far back and interfered with my center console. So I bent them both directly forward. Now in low they they're about 1/2" off the dash and in high they're plenty out of the way...

Attachments

• IMG_0978.jpg
    IMG_0978.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 72

jlylec

i know nothing about any of this, but that looks great!

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico