• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

NV3550 Short-Throw Hurst Shifter Group Buy-Who's Interested

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
If I can generate enough interest in this I was going to contact the seller and see what we could do. If interested respond to this thread. Be ready to buy in the next week or so.

Thanks
Scott

orohippus

Loc.
Grass Valley
well.....what does it look like?
this is my next tranny...gonna sell the NP435 and 205
how much?
but I am very interested...

OP
OP
BoureeOne

BoureeOne

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Madisonville, La
Well got a return email from Chris who makes these. He said his price is as low as he can go. He said he will probably be raising the price in the next month or so. So, if you are interested you might want to buy now. It was worth a try, and thanks for the replys.

Thanks
Scott

thegreatjustino

Contributor
Red Head Grease Monkey
Loc.
Stockton, CA
How much does this change the throw from a stock 3550 shifter? It's already a fairly quick shifting transmission. Just curious.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
According to Core's description "Throw reduction should be around 20%" which sounds consistent with what's out there for others.
Seems to me that some units for other transmissions reduce their throw up to about 40%, but evidently this one is a relatively modest modification.
Not that 20 percent is anything to sneeze at. Even as a decent shifting tranny, a bit shorter shift throw can be very desirable.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
See above... ;D

Can't say for "smoother", but the faster part is true enough.
Been swapping out factory shifters in transmissions since '65. Almost no factory manual shifter was left unmolested in a street car.
Only after I got into trucks did I start to leave them alone for paying attention to so many other things.

Even though quick-shifters have been around for some of the swap-trannies we use, it wasn't until the Gear-Banger came out though, that attitude changed again!

Paul

maup

Is that a quality shifter? If so I would be interested also...

maup

Wait...Hurst...I'm an idiot, of course it will be excellent quality.