• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OCBR 2009 Registration Info Here!

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
I have been looking forward to the event since last year and had everything in place and set into motion so I could be there and see all of my dear friends and family...and then I got a job:mad:
As important as all of you are, to me, I had to start earning an honest dollar and my new job starts on Monday morning.

howiebilt

Congratulations Howie! I know you have been looking a while. We will miss you and like Alan said....we will see you in the Spring!;)

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
If I am running a half cab, I do not have to have a roll bar correct? I am not going on any extreme trails.

Looks like a roll bar is not required so long as you have a full solid top in place. This is what the Superlift website has on requirements:

Level One
This level is for the novice off-roader. Four-wheel dive will be needed occasionally for a few "tough" spots. Bring a camera and the family. At this level everyone can relax and enjoy the ride.
Level Two
For the little more experienced 'wheeler. Four-wheel drive will be needed a lot. Stock vehicles with stock tires are OK. Still an enjoyable ride, and a great way to climb into the 4x4 sport!
Level Three
Action-packed and challenging, for moderately experienced 'wheelers. At least 32" aggressive treads are needed, rear locking differentials are recommended. Level 3 requires more concentration than levels 1 and 2.
Level Four
High-intensity, adrenaline-pumping fun! For experienced wheelers only! At least 33" tires and front/rear lockers are a must. A winch and tree strap is recommended. These trails require a co-driver / spotter and heavy concentration.
Level Five
This is the real deal for experienced off-roaders! Nobody gets on a Level 5 trail without being locked front and rear. Your must have a winch and tree straps, 36" or taller rubber, and little regard for your rig's body panels. You can expect cosmetic and mechanical damage on some of these trails. These trails require a co-driver / spotter and your undivided attention. Bring a camera and a clean change of underwear.

Equipment Guide
Required

* Functional seat belts for all occupants (must be worn at all times)
* Open-top vehicles must have a functional roll bar
* Tow hooks (no welded-on tow hooks)
* Spare tire and jack
* Tree trunk protector
* Helmet for ATV / motorcycle rider

Recommended

* CB radio
* Fire extinguisher
* First aid kit
* Insect repellant (seasonal)
* Camera
* A trail buddy in another vehicle

Here is the link if anyone is interested:
http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=1402514

BIGED

Guru ????
Howie hate to hear your not gonna make it.:cry: Ill mis the chainsaw runing in the tent next to me.;D But a job always takes priority these days there hard to come by.:)

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
Sorry to hear you won't make it Howie. Like everybody else has said, jobs are hard to come by and we all understand. We will see you in the spring, Howiepalooza VI here we come.

David

Fitz24

Bronco Guru
Shoot, I'm missiing two still. Can't find my seatbelt kit I purchase several months ago and no tow hooks. Anyone have an old set of seatbelts they can let be use for the week? Will one shackle in the rear do for the tow hooks?

Equipment Guide
Required

* Functional seat belts for all occupants (must be worn at all times)
* Open-top vehicles must have a functional roll bar
* Tow hooks (no welded-on tow hooks)
* Spare tire and jack
* Tree trunk protector
* Helmet for ATV / motorcycle rider

Fitz24

Bronco Guru
Great Steve, one thing I won't worry about then. Have any seatbelts??

OP
OP
2Broncos2Go

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Well its that time of year again, to see old friends and meet new ones.Thanks to all the hard work all year to prepare for this event (2broncos2go):-* Offer still stands what ever we can do to help at the park trail guide banners whatever.;) Paula said she would help at the tent if you need her.;D Thanks Again for a Great Event

See every one in a few days.

Offer accepted. Some of the ladies won't be making it in til Thurs. so Wednesday could be very busy - WDBowers wife Shirley has also offered to help. There'll be banners to hang, and if the temp stays down we may need
some fire wood in the evening All is ready for OCBR.....well, except.....
US! haha but tomorrow night is pack us night - as for now....it's shower & bed!, I'm totalled tonight - but I could stay up a little while - if I had a cookie..............

Last edited:

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
It sounds like OCBR is going to be GREAT , this year !!!
It appears as though I won't be making the trip. Nobody is more saddened than I am about it.

I have been looking forward to the event since last year and had everything in place and set into motion so I could be there and see all of my dear friends and family...and then I got a job:mad:
As important as all of you are, to me, I had to start earning an honest dollar and my new job starts on Monday morning.

I hope everyone has a fantastic time and may their travels be safe and uneventful.;)

Happy Trails to you all !!!

howiebilt

Great hearing about the job Howie. Sux you won't make it though. I was real excited the other day when you told me you'd make it with the Bronco. Thought I was going to have to offer you mine.;) Sure will miss you buddy.

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
Have any seatbelts??
Now that you reiterate... I had almost forgotten that I ordered 2 of these years ago, and never installed them. They're still in the sealed bags. I think I paid less than what they sell for now, so I'd let them both go for $30.

I had planned to put them in my truck for the 3rd-row jump seats, but it's such a PITA to R&R the ones that are in it that I never got around to it. But if you help me swap the tan ones into my truck, you can have THAT set for $10. They're black, and they don't match, but they DO work.

I'm bringing everything shown in this post, too.

Last edited:

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Leaving out early Wednesday morning.
Anyone else from the Tennessee Valley area?
Look for a dark blue Ford Supercrew pulling a yellow Bronco.

bronco69drp

Loc.
Cordova TN(memphis)
lets hope it's not too wet. got the rig all ready. see you guys there.;D

here is me trying "vertical challange" this WET (very slick)spring & me being denied.:eek:

here is the video;D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QmgDi9xeWI

Attachments

• vertical challange resize 1.JPG
    vertical challange resize 1.JPG
    281 KB · Views: 23
  • vertical challange resize 2.JPG
    vertical challange resize 2.JPG
    258.3 KB · Views: 25