• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oct 23 @ Rausch - Crawl for the Cure

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
I plan on being there. I have not officially registered yet though and I don't know if that will be a problem.

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
I see that the club allows any makes and models but are they really pretty cool with those of us not running Jeeps? I know some Jeep clubs are pretty bad. I might go if enough other Bronco guys are going.

OP
OP

97XEB

Happy to see some interest - hope we get a good group of Broncos!

LuderChris - I will send an email, but doubt it will be a problem.

orangecrush4u - Fall Crawl sounds awesome and I'd rather hit an MEB event, but KY is WAY too far for me. I can do this event at Rausch in a day - without taking too much time away from work, family, yard-work, etc. etc.

68rockcrawler - I know what you mean and if this weren't a big charity event, it might be a different story, but I think it will be cool. Besides, I don't really care if people don't like my Bronco. As a side note, I wheeled Rausch for the OK Auto Rock Crawl back in April. It was my first time at the park, I showed up alone, and was one of the few non-Jeep vehicles there, definitely the ONLY EB. I fell in with a group of 4 - 5 other Jeeps, lead by a guy with a really cool CJ-7. Turns out, he knows the owner of the "Jersey Devil" and was just a real cool guy. I had a great time. This should be a much bigger and more organized event, so again, I'm not really concerned.

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Dont think I will make it. Life is just crazy with two kids in sports and all kinds of other stuff going on!!! (Long Story) Dont worry about the jeepers most of the guys that run Rausch Creek are cool and I am sure there will be a few Broncos there. You would be better off with a small group of broncos than with a big group of jeeps you will cover more ground. Have fun everyone!

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
Dont think I will make it. Life is just crazy with two kids in sports and all kinds of other stuff going on!!! (Long Story) Dont worry about the jeepers most of the guys that run Rausch Creek are cool and I am sure there will be a few Broncos there. You would be better off with a small group of broncos than with a big group of jeeps you will cover more ground. Have fun everyone!

My only real concern with these big "events" at Rausch is that we get in a huge group and we are bogged down with a real slow day. Do we have any Bronco guys going that could lead a group?

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
Maybe Bill (mtfit) will chime in. When I was out there at the last MEB event he said he goes there all the time and he usually leads.

NY-Bronco

Resident Dipstick
Loc.
Weehawken, NJ
A guy on here username GRAVY will be there with his EB. I would like to go but I committed to the Fall Cruise in MASS.

OP
OP

97XEB

I've traded a lot of emails and PMs with Gravy so I look forward to meeting him and seeing his Bronco in person!

I know Chris knows the park very well too, but not sure what he is up to or if he is making that day?

Looks like I confused the KY Fall Crawl dates with the Fall Cruise in MA. Sorry, guys - I missed the BYOB MA event post. It sounds fun, but Rausch is still easier / closer for me, and I want to get in some wheeling. It sounds like the Fall Cruise is an on road ride and BBQ? Have fun to those going up.

Last edited:

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I've traded a lot of emails and PMs with Gravy so I look forward to meeting him and seeing his Bronco in person!

I know Chris knows the park very well too, but not sure what he is up to or if he is making that day?

Looks like I confused the KY Fall Crawl dates with the Fall Cruise in MA. Sorry, guys - I missed the BYOB MA event post. It sounds fun, but Rausch is still easier / closer for me, and I want to get in some wheeling. It sounds like the Fall Cruise is an on road ride and BBQ? Have fun to those going up.

Yeah, this is the weekend after the Fawl Crawl in KY so don't think I can make Rausch, although I'd like to!

Roadburner

I think I'll check into going. I was hoping to go to the MEB fall crawl but with my recent back problems I don't think I could stand the 10 hour ride to Ky. 3 hours to Rausch.

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
I will be there along with a few other from the shop- cant wait to test out the new shaved 14 bolt. We are registered for the event but you dont have to be. Look forward to finally meeting you Jim.

Roadburner

Sent my registration in today. Going to stay at the Comfort Inn on Friday night so we don't have to leave so early Saturday morning. Hope they can group us Broncos together. Signed up for blue/black trails.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Sent my registration in today. Going to stay at the Comfort Inn on Friday night so we don't have to leave so early Saturday morning. Hope they can group us Broncos together. Signed up for blue/black trails.

Sorry you can't make it to Harlan this year, hope your back's not taking too much toll on you. Have fun at Rausch Creek. We wheeled there in August and had a blast.

luderchris

Bronco Guru
Loc.
SouthEast PA
Still contemplating signing up for this. I am heading out there either Sat or Sunday. I don't mind paying the extra $$$ as it goes to a good cause, but I am worried that we will get stuck in a huge group that will move too slowly all day. I may just head up on Sunday instead. I still haven't decided.

mtfit

Bronco Guru
Loc.
pa
Hmm, yes I wheel several X a month, I could be talked into it? we could have our own group.

68rockcrawler

Bronco Guru
So, could we wheel with our own group on Saturday now that we have a good sized group together or do we have to sign up with the Jeep run?