• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Off Road Lights

Sixty9bronco

My birthday is nearing and I'm looking for some off road lights with brackets to fit my prerunner style bumper.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 130

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
There are so many choices out there in the last 10 years;
there has been alot of technology brought within reach of the average consumer.
And when I say there are alot of choices that is brands and types.

I presently like Lightforce. They seem to reach a quality/price point that is appealing.
I also like their removable colred lens covers.

rguest3

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Trucklite 7" LED Head Lights to start with.

Rigid Industries would be my first choice. 20" bar with Hyperspot are VERY nice. D2 series would easily fit too.

Totron makes some nice bars as well that include Cree LEDs.

DustDevilOffRd

Loc.
Long Island
When it comes to offroad lights the best led options out there are Rigid, vision x, and Baja designs. If you are looking for an led light bar I personally like Rigid the best. They look and function flawlessly. If you are looking for HID's then Baja Designs would be my choice. I speak from experience with all the brands too. On my prerunner I have 4 8" 55w Baja designs HID's which have been on for about 5 years now. Never had one light go out. They are awesome. I also have a 50" RDS Rigid on the roof which also is of the highest quality. With both Rigid and Baja Designs, you absolutely GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR. Stay away from the imitation companies on ebay.

OP
OP
Sixty9bronco

Sixty9bronco

Thanks for all of the replies. Trying to stay on the less expensive side because my wife is purchasing. I had KC lights on my jeep and they worked fine for my use (mostly just looks). What I'm hoping to find is a set with brackets to mount to my tube bumper. My bumper doesn't have the mounting tabs..... Any ideas??

1975 BRONCO

1975 Bronco
Loc.
Spanaway WA
Lights

I have run KC Daylighters since the 1970's, never had a problem with KC's, even in Alaska at -60 degrees. Just my 2 cents for KC's.

71broncman

Loc.
Woodland Park, Co
Search for billet tube mounts/clamps and see if you can find something that will work and be within the budget. Another alternative is to weld mounting tabs to the bumper. The downside to welding is messing up the finish on the bumper and having to retouch it as well as finish the tabs. Another method would be to drill holes through the bumper and mount the lights through the holes or to a tab bolted to the holes. For myself I would choose to weld tabs but the choice is up to you.
Mark.

jlylec

Do you have any more pics of your whole bronco? I love black and that looks black. Is it glossy, satin, or matte? Hard to tell. I'm thinking of painting mine matte with some satin or gloss accents. They look so badass that way!

OP
OP
Sixty9bronco

Sixty9bronco

Lights for sale??

Color is a kit called "hot rod black" it's a satin black egg shell type finish. It's a single stage paint. My bronco is perfect but it's a driver and the paint turned out well for what I was going for.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 70

jlylec

Lights for sale??

Color is a kit called "hot rod black" it's a satin black egg shell type finish. It's a single stage paint. My bronco is perfect but it's a driver and the paint turned out well for what I was going for.

Man that is awesome. Very envious. I love the stance and everything about the look. Nice job!