• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

off road lights

Dark Star

Loc.
Central USA
73stallion said:
i went to a zuki shop today and he had hella 500's on the shelf, i can get them with the harness for $65.00. i'm starting to lean that direction a bit.

Well, 73 you do what YOU feel's best. If you want to get out and adjust the beams everytime you go on different style terrain, go for it. Otherwise there's a reason you see off road racers with multiple set of lights (some put out a wide beam pattern, others are pencil), there must be a reason........ Also the facts remain the same 230,000 candle power to 670,000 candle power for 2 sets of lights, no matter how you add it. they'll be brighter than one set of lights that you have to adjust for each road you drive on.

gasspaser

Loc.
St Petersburg FL
I have three hella 500's mounted on my daily driver, I got 2 of them off ebay brand new for 55 bucks, and a spare for 25.00...I like them for early morning setup during huting season, but as far as $$$ goes I like the hellas but at 55w a piece I would run four on my Bronco, 2 fogs, and two driving.

It's all up to you, you don't relly need to project too far out on trila at night, but with 4 lights you can keep two aimed forward while the other two are aimes slighty out for a wide patten.....of two aimed directly on the trail in front of you while the other 2 are aimed slightly higher.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Hell...ryZ33709QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

brixter

Loc.
Tuolumne CA
I have the chrome KC daylighters . I paid $100 bucks at kragen for them and like them . They are insane bright and I would imagine with a set of good h4 headlights they would be about perfect .

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i have H4 tri-bars and they're nice. i just want something nice on the bumper itself to replace these rusted things.

back when i had my bumper powdercoated, i put it back on without the lights on it and i liked it plain. had i known this before i coated it i would have cut the tabs off and ground it smooth. since i didn't i may as well use them.

Attachments

• DSCN0570.JPG
    DSCN0570.JPG
    133.2 KB · Views: 23
  • DSCN0572.JPG
    DSCN0572.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 39

casadejohnson

Bronco Alchemist
73stallion said:
i thought about that, but nah! i want something nice and updated.

this is killing me! my birthday is on the 17th, and i bought my truck on the 24 2001. this year is my 5th anniversary of owning the truck, so i gotta buy it/me something. i just don't know what!:p

I've got The 8" Round Pro Comp Lights on the front. They're a little large but they work well enough that my 4 year old refers to them as the "daytime lights" I also have a set of Aircraft landing lights from a Cesna. I used to have them up front but I plan to put them on the back if I ever get around to building brackets. I saw your birthday and checked your profile. You are exactly one day older than me. I was just telling my wife that for mmy Birthday I wanted to get somthing for the Bronco. I'm thinking B.C.'s Fuel Tank or some Cage Leafs.

OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
cool. i've met a few girls that had the exact same birthday as i have. i bought my bronco 1 week after my birthday in 2001, so it's pretty easy to remember the date.

as far as the lights, i just can't stomach paying $190 for a pair of lights i'm going to use twice a year. guess i was thinking of the fancy look, whatever! still have to talk to one person about pricing on PIAA's, but i think i'm gonna go with the hella 500's. i can't beat the price.

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
What PIAA's are you looking at for pricing? As mentioned before in my first post Ive got a set on my rig right now that i'm borrowing for now to see how i like them but so far I like them alot so i might be leaning toward purchasing some here down the road but most likely the dual beam model, these one here are the 520's

Attachments

• IMG_6315.jpg
    IMG_6315.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 40
OP
OP
73stallion

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
i haven't ruled out the PIAA's, but i don't care for the covers.

speaking of covers, nice bronco cover ya got there! i gotta get on the band wagon and get one of those ordered. with the money i save on lights, i can spend the difference and buy one of those!

TJK74

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newark CA
73stallion said:
i haven't ruled out the PIAA's, but i don't care for the covers.

speaking of covers, nice bronco cover ya got there! i gotta get on the band wagon and get one of those ordered. with the money i save on lights, i can spend the difference and buy one of those!

Yep I'm not too big on the PIAA covers either but they easily pop on and off. Yes definately get on of the trail covers with your saved cash. They are well worth the money and a quality product for sure.;D

Skipdevil

Loc.
San Diego
I like my Hella 550's. Inexpensive and good quality plus they are low profile so they do not block the airflow to the radiator (not that it is too much of a big deal).