• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Official Introduction

WMSIII

Loc.
Idaho
After owning 3 late model broncos and vowing to one day own a classic I now own a 73 Ranger/Sport. I've posted a pic before but don't think ever officially introduced myself. I'm glad to see there is soooo much info on this site. I am a contributor now as well.

So I tore the seats out and pulled up the carpet and whatdoyaknow, daylight like the flinstones underneath the drivers side anyway. The pass side looks ok so far but will rip out the rest of the carpet when I return from dove hunting this evening. The Bronco is in really good shape otherwise and driveable until I took the seats out. I haven't welded since high school and I'm 42 so that's been a few years ago. I've been reading the forums and trying to figure out the best route. I'll post some pics this eve of the truck and the progress.

Love the site so far and love my bronco...

ltcbutch

Loc.
Selma, AL
Welcome

Welcome aboard.

Keep us posted on your floor work.

Lets see the new ride - Pics are a must.

ENJOY the ride!

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Welcome!

Replacing floors can be done with patience and planning. Lots of replacement parts available if you're wallet is up to the challenge!

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I am doing this now. Not that bad, just take your time and measure three times, cut once. :)
I really like the replacement floors I got from Tom's Bronco Parts. They will make it WAY easier. Good luck.. I'll post pics when I get mine in.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Welcome to the site and don't hesitate to ask any questions you may have. There is a ton of good info and great people here. Be sure to keep us up to date on your progress.

backpain

Bronco Guru
So I tore the seats out and pulled up the carpet and whatdoyaknow, daylight like the flinstones underneath the drivers side anyway. The pass side looks ok so far but will rip out the rest of the carpet when I return from dove hunting this evening. The Bronco is in really good shape otherwise and driveable until I took the seats out. I haven't welded since high school and I'm 42 so that's been a few years ago. I've been reading the forums and trying to figure out the best route. I'll post some pics this eve of the truck and the progress.

Love the site so far and love my bronco...

Deja vu! Pulling the carpet started by build somewhere around 2008. Hasn't been driven since. Do yourself justice and frame-off from the beginning or stick with it piece at a time and keep it driveable. So much fun, but so easy to go overboard and get overwhelmed.

Welcome and congrats.

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
welcome to the obsession.
If the door posts are good patching the floor isn't too bad. Just remember that the new patch pannels from the vendors dont have the bracket for the parking brake cable so you have to move that to your new pannel. If you don't have a mig you can always rent one from Home Depot.
Do remove that side gas tank if you have one.
With these Broncos keep up on your tetanus shots.
Have fun.

OP
OP
WMSIII

WMSIII

Loc.
Idaho
Thanks for the welcome. I've got a buddy with a welder and he's gonna let me borrow it and said he'd be there to assist if needed. Here are a few pics. Thank you for any future advice. I'm stoked every time I fix or repair something and think i'm that much closer

Attachments

• bronco garage.jpg
    bronco garage.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 84
  • driv side floorboard.jpg
    driv side floorboard.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 82
  • pass side floorboard.jpg
    pass side floorboard.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 78

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Thanks for the welcome. I've got a buddy with a welder and he's gonna let me borrow it and said he'd be there to assist if needed. Here are a few pics. Thank you for any future advice. I'm stoked every time I fix or repair something and think i'm that much closer

Wow, that's a nice ranger. It reminds me of my first Bronco.;D

Attachments

• 73 Ranger.jpg
    73 Ranger.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 37

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Welcome to CB! That looks like a nice Bronco, the floorboard rust is very common, and yours really don't seem that bad.

Just so you know, someone apparently added the Sport and 302 badges. '71 was the last year to have the 302 badges, and there was no such thing as a Ranger/Sport. Yours seems to be the Ranger, which in my opinion was a nicer package than a Sport, having the carpet and the houndstooth seats.

mudmagnet63

Loc.
Geary OK.
glad to have ya. I've only been on here for a year or so but everytime I need advice it's readily given. good luck with the ride.

Mud

BluebroncoNC

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Asheville, NC
ya know, much like a wire fish trap, you could keep Dove in a cage under your feet, outside the Bronco.

Just a thought.

Welcome to the aboard...

OP
OP
WMSIII

WMSIII

Loc.
Idaho
Welcome to CB! That looks like a nice Bronco, the floorboard rust is very common, and yours really don't seem that bad.

Just so you know, someone apparently added the Sport and 302 badges. '71 was the last year to have the 302 badges, and there was no such thing as a Ranger/Sport. Yours seems to be the Ranger, which in my opinion was a nicer package than a Sport, having the carpet and the houndstooth seats.

Thanks for the info. I thought the Ranger model included all options of the Sport model including the Sport Badge with the addition of the houndstooth seats, carpet, etc.

Here is one that was posted on Ebay some time ago that is the same year as mine with what I thought were the same options. Your right it doesn't have the 302 badge but it does have the Sport badge and a little difference in the paint scheme. Is it also incorrect? I don't know. Anyway it had a BIN of 30K initially. It's a good looking rig anyway, so I saved the pics. I don't know about 30K though and don't know if it ever sold. Makes me think I got a good deal cuz I didn't pay anywhere near that.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Screen shot 2011-07-28 at 11.04.38 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-07-28 at 11.04.38 PM.jpg
    280 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen shot 2011-07-28 at 11.06.37 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-07-28 at 11.06.37 PM.jpg
    281.8 KB · Views: 21
  • Screen shot 2011-07-28 at 11.10.30 PM.jpg
    Screen shot 2011-07-28 at 11.10.30 PM.jpg
    283.9 KB · Views: 21

JGbronc

Bronco Maniac
Thanks for the info. I thought the Ranger model included all options of the Sport model including the Sport Badge with the addition of the houndstooth seats, carpet, etc.

Here is one that was posted on Ebay some time ago that is the same year as mine with what I thought were the same options. Your right it doesn't have the 302 badge but it does have the Sport badge and a little difference in the paint scheme. Is it also incorrect? I don't know. Anyway it had a BIN of 30K initially. It's a good looking rig anyway, so I saved the pics. I don't know about 30K though and don't know if it ever sold. Makes me think I got a good deal cuz I didn't pay anywhere near that.

Thanks again.

That one is also incorrect. Not a big deal, just thought I'd let you know. The sport badges would not have been included, but all of the bright molding that would have been on a '73 Sport would have been on your Ranger. The interior on your Ranger would have been nicer than that of a sport with the body color dash, houndstooth, carpet, etc.

That orange one is a repaint. The front marker lights are mounted too high, and the extra white on the grille/hood lip is the easy giveaway.

broncojames

Loc.
Smelterville ID
WMSIII

Nice rig a lot better looking then mine but i got lucky with the floor pans guess 15 to 20 years in storage would do that here's a link to my bronco its the first post http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=186437

Hey Shooter nice rig!

If your other welder falls thru I have a 100V buzz box and air chisel I could drop by for you to borrow.

heres a little how to vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euxykWRIaBs

Just let me know.

CC

Boy i would like to see more metal repair videos like that vary informative

Gas Pig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Welcome to one of the nicest group of enthusiasts you could find! The guys on this site are very knowledgeable Early Broncos and are always willing to help. ;)