• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OffRoad Expo (We're about to see some new stuff at BC)

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Steve and Dusty are working on it, maybe another mo. I hope, we are getting close. And yes I know you have heard that one before :)

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Ha! I just wanted to be sure I have a catalog before Christmas. Got to have my wish list all prepared you know. You guys are doing an awesome job and put out awesome products. thanks.

desertbug

Loc.
Fallon, NV
I've always been satisfied with my hard top in winter and no top in spring-fall, and have always wanted some sort of roof rack to stow gear as well, but that would equate to a winter only operation...

This thing is an AWESOME (long overdue) product! If it's as airtight as Chuck says it is, there might be a lot of steel tops on eBay pretty soon because this could work year-round!

I'm hoping that it's affordable to the "regular" guy! If so, I'm driving though the Mojave to be at Chuck's front door as soon as it's available! (or at least mass buy here, but still go visit) ;)

(Did CanBack mention color availability?)

These are good times..... :D

desertbug

Loc.
Fallon, NV
I'm sure this isn't "cheap," but it DOES look rather rugged.

My hope is that with the introduction of a Can-Back for both the Early and Late model Bronco's (YES - I want BOTH!!!), there's finally some good old-fashioned competition for the already overpriced flimsy soft-tops available now.

I'll be watching this play out...

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Chuck,

Question on the side windows. So the one that looks like solid canvas is the "standard" one?
The picture of the one with roll up is the "plus" model?
Is that the same top? Can you add windows if you want them later?

Also, I LOVE the low profile on the above the windshield and lack of a high mid support riser, but also noticed the lack of wipers. Is that something that is in the production stage?

Thanks! The truck looks AWESOME!

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The sides come std. without windows in them. The back comes std. with a window it . They all come with sides and back. The option is can you see through it. The sides and back roll up and dowm either way. The owner of Can Back does not like zippers, he feels that they are a weak area that is also a problem area. I talked with him about the clear plastic getting scretched up. He tells me that the material that he uses does not have that problem. Also told me that he sees them come back 6-8 years later still in good shape. I hold him that that would be a tuff story to convence you guys of. He may rethink the whole thing later. The top in the picture is a prototpye that will have some refinements still. Jason will be returning it to Can Back tomorrow. He did not want windows in the back or sides

U

Unregistered

Hey Chuck,

What would really top this off is having a 2 piece soft door for roadster inserts(or for full doors too) that would be in the same material....hint, hint.....

OP
OP
GRIZZLY

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
Unregistered said:
Hey Chuck,

What would really top this off is having a 2 piece soft door for roadster inserts(or for full doors too) that would be in the same material....hint, hint.....
Whoops, thought I was logged in %) ;D

U

Unregistered

I second Grizzly's motion!! I was getting ready to buy a soft top but now I am going to hold off. That top is sweet!! It doesn't have that stretched high look.

Joe