• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oil dipstick leak

Rickb1b

Guys, what's the best way to stop the leak where the dipstick tube goes into the pan.

I've looked around and haven't come up with any good ideas. Would pulling the pan and welding the tube into the pan work?

MarkH@Wildhorse

Contributor
Loc.
Stockton, CA
If depends where it is leaking from.
If it's around the "plate", you can weld that.
If it's the actual tube, not so much, there is just a rubber seal that you need to get out before welding, it becomes a pain.
Personally, I like swapping to a later model oil pan with the screw in dip stick.

kc15842

Loc.
Lake Elsinore, Ca
I removed the pan, drilled and removed the rivets. I made gaskets and then taped threads into the flange. I used screws in place of rivets rtv'd the gaskets and reassembled. No more leak.

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Are you sure you just don't need to tighten the nut where the dipstick meets the pan?