• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oil leak from dipstick plate/tube

vlksdragon

I have an oil leak from the location of the dipstick tube/plate, and after searching the archives, it seems like a common problem.

My question is:

It seems like it started leaking after I replaced both headgaskets. My idle also seems to have gone up about 100rpms, and I cannot find a vaccuum leak. Are the idle issue and oil leak possibly related?

This is a '69 302 (stock), with pcv but all of the egr has been removed...

BlackHorse

Not related IMO. The dip stick leak in the EB pan is inevitable. It's worse with the push in tube. You can silicone, weld etc to try and stop the leak. If you have already sprayed carb cleaner everywhere to try to find the vacume leak I'm not sure what else to suggest. Good luck! :)

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
wait a minute , I know I was lyin in a field of grass some where
oh yea this was asked about 15 minutes ago in a differant thread

OP
OP
V

vlksdragon

feitctaj said:
wait a minute , I know I was lyin in a field of grass some where
oh yea this was asked about 15 minutes ago in a differant thread

If you check the timestamp, I posted my question yesterday. And I did search on the subject, which is why I was looking to see if there was a relationship between the high idle and the oil leak, not necessarily on how to fix the leak....

68 Broncoholic

Bronco Guru
Loc.
WA
I drilled out the pop rivits and added some cork gasket and thru bolted it. I also used some high temp silicon to help seal it up. Make sure the nuts are on the outside and use nylocks. Make sure the heads are small on the bolts so the crank doesn't come in contact. Fixed my leak.