• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Oil pan leak at dipstick

pooneee

Loc.
Dacula, GA
I totally rebuilt my 302 a while back and now, my oil pan is leaking around the dipstick penetration.

Is there a seal or O ring that goes there that I left out?

Poone

feitctaj

FNG
Loc.
Group W Bench
pooneee said:
I totally rebuilt my 302 a while back and now, my oil pan is leaking around the dipstick penetration.

Is there a seal or O ring that goes there that I left out?

Poone
no you did not forget anything , it is a great idea from Ford, this has been kicked to death, but this is what I found works for me. Clean area from all paint and oil, and silicone the hell out of said area, mine has held for a couple of years

Jeepster

Bronco Guru
feitctaj said:
no you did not forget anything , it is a great idea from Ford, this has been kicked to death, but this is what I found works for me. Clean area from all paint and oil, and silicone the hell out of said area, mine has held for a couple of years

Try teflon pipe dope on the threads.