• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

oil pressure, water temp, ignition coil wire connection

Landho

Loc.
Cypress, TX
My EB did not come with the instrument cluster, or the wires or connectors to connect the Oil Pressure guage, Water Temp guage, or the ignition coil.

My awsome wife bought me a refurbed instrument cluster from Tom's, now I'm really interested in getting the oil and temp guages connected. I'd prefer to be using the existing 3-pin (one male, two female) connector that is in the engine compartment near the firewall that feeds under the dash already without hacking it up. Anyone know where or which part number than connector is so I can get the other side (the side with two male and one female)?

On the other side, the 90-degree elbow connector that plugs in to the sending units, I can't seem to find that connector either. I'm considering either the Borg Warner .156 universal connector from O'Rielly, or the 5/32 (same as .156) universal connector from NAPA. Anyone used thesed from their Oil pressure or Water temp? {I know, I could just thread a nut & lock washer on there, but I'd rather not if possible.}

Thanks.

Last edited:

70_Steve

Old Guy
I bought that harness (coil, Oil pressure sender, Temp sender) from, I believe, B&W Auto Parts ( http://www.bwautoparts.com/ ). They have an on-line catalog for EBs, but the link seems to be broken. Give them a call. It was cheap enough, and brand new.