• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

oil sending unit extention broke

popsbronco

Loc.
Edmonton Canada
im trying to clean up the 302 im building.Well if i didn't break the aluminum oilsending unit extention.Broke it off clean with the block.
I drill it out and inserted an easy-outThen i snaped a easy out off in side that.
I removed part of the easyout and a piece stayed inside.

So i punch that peice(metal) and it went inside the block with some filings that are aluminum.Will they go inside to the oil pan or do i have to remove parts or stripp the whole bottom end of the engine.
Sh-- i am worried man please .Is there a solution??
Any advice?:?
pops

brian72

Early Bronco Student
too bad you did not see my post from the other day. I did the exact same thing. But I tried the easy out, no drilling and mine screwed right out. Sorry about your luck.

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
You could pull the dist and crank the oil pump with the extension off until oil comes out that should flush any junk thats in there. May be messy but easier and faster than pulling the pan off.

OP
OP
P

popsbronco

Loc.
Edmonton Canada
broncnaz said:
You could pull the dist and crank the oil pump with the extension off until oil comes out that should flush any junk thats in there. May be messy but easier and faster than pulling the pan off.

Oh i forgot to mention i have the engine on the stand already but the oil is drained out (check for filing before the extention broke off)
So you say taking the pump off-umm may i should replace it for good measure any way Oh wait you mean turning the pump to force the oil down in the pan-Ok well sould i pour some oil back in to flush and pump that mess out. the oil pan is just losely installed ,to keep the dust out while i rebuild that 302.
I just cant visualize how the oil pressure extention meet the block from the inside.
Any tips to get the junk out and make sure its out is welcome .I would use a magnet too,but the extention is aluminum
thanks

OP
OP
P

popsbronco

Loc.
Edmonton Canada
iwlbcnu said:
On a stand? Just pull the pan off and clean it out.
Its not that easy i tried and i couldnt see or locate the shavings and brocken piece of easyout.
Somreone said i may have top tear the enging apart.Iam wondering if i took the timing cover off .Would i be able to get at the junk.??

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Pull the pan then remove the oil pump you can hose out the passages with carb cleaner and compressed air. The timing cover gets you nothing.