• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OK, need some opinons

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
Do I need to continue with this? I like it, but I'm not in love with it. I don't have a good paint job, but it doesn't look bad. I have no intention of ever painting it. Don't want to worry about getting it scratched. I thought this would be a good alternative. I have black gorilla warflares and a black soft top to be installed as well.
1088281128_Mvc_005s.jpg

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
Doesnt look that bad, would be great for a trail rig or ranch truck, but might get old to see camo day after day on a DD. But, my rig is yellow and its my DD. Just my 2cents

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Just about anything is good As long as its not purple and white with a horse murel on the side. but really that doesnt look to bad and it ought to do exactly what you want it to do

YelloTx73

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Katy/Galveston, TX
broncnaz said:
Just about anything is good As long as its not purple and white with a horse murel on the side. but really that doesnt look to bad and it ought to do exactly what you want it to do [/QUOTE

I hear that, that paint scheme is ridiculous.

OP
OP
BroncoJAK

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
It spends most of it's time on the trail or getting to the trail. Plus I could use it for a hunting blind.

wildbill

Old Bronco Guy
;D ;D ;D Its not my cup of tea but hay its your toy paint it any way you want and if they dont like it they can go do themselfs have fun and good luck with your choice.:p :p :p Bill :cool: %) :p

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
It doesn't look too bad, but I'm assuming it's tape. If so, it will be a pain in the behind to get that glue off if you ever do decide to paint it. The PO of my rig used some strange glue to put down carpet in the tub and the rust came off easier than that glue. Like WildBill said, "It's your toy." If you like it, then go for it. Post some pictures when you're done.

mustangmarty

Bronco Guru
Just one thing you might want to consider...

What happens if you ever lose your bearing in the bush and go looking for your truck?

"Hey Billy Bob... You remember where we parked the truck???

Er... Uh Oh... Time to break out the GPS..."

Just kidding... I love it!

;D

72bronco

Bronco Guru
I don't mind the camo, but it's not really my cup of tea. I'm more partial to a solid color. For those who have camo paint jobs I like the ones that look more like the traditional Army vehicles with the big green and brown solid patches. But it doesn't really look bad. Each owner has got to do what makes them happy so the only thing that matters is whether you like it (so long as you don't lower it, install euro tail lights, and chrome shocks). Hopefully you don't park your truck in the woods and lose it.

OP
OP
BroncoJAK

BroncoJAK

Bronco Guru
It is Advantage timber camo clad. I bought it years ago to do a Jeep cj5. Cost about $600 for the small suv kit, but it included enough to do the cj and the Bronco. Basically it is a large vinyl decal. It is removeable, and bitch to put on. Doesn't like going around corners or crowns. It is a camo pattern so you can't really see any patches, and you need to mix it up a little or it looks like wall paper.

Pirate EB

Loc.
Cary, NC
I think it's bad ass. I saw that same thing at a hunting show once. Just make sure you fix any rust spots if you have any before you put it on.