• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

ok wirring harness! whats it gana be!

mybaby70

Loc.
alpharetta, georgia
out off all the wiring harness's out there id love to spend 500+ $.. but we all know how that goes well atleast i do im loking for a do it yourself type wirring harness kit but wanted to know if i could get any feed back on what is best for my 1970 bronco. T3, EZ wiring... what else is there and what as been the top pick for boncos?????

512cadillac

I used an EZ-Wiring 21 circuit kit in my 55 Chevy pickup. It went together well, had more circuits then I needed and seems to be good quality. It should last as long or longer then the factory wiring and cost a lot less then the painless and centech kits. I plan on using one of there kits in my current bronco. John

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
the 16 circuit EZ wire kits i put in 2 different ford trucks went in real nice. if i was on a budget and couldn't afford a centech i'd go that route.

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
I used an "it's a snap" generic harness in my brothers bronco it was the least expensive I could find and will probably use the same on mine this winter. Also the more expensive kits go in faster/ easier.

Socal Tom

Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Diego, CA
I would go with the EZ. My neighbor does autoelectric work, its his preferred harness for generic rewiring. Get a pair of good crimpers and use new connectors where possible.
Tom

Jay1clarke

Loc.
Solon, Ohio
I did a Centach and there was much trimming, soldering, and a few times where I read the instructions and scratched my head. Might as well do the EZ one, I really don't think it will be that much work - other than under the dash.

AZ69EB

If you decide to go the "generic route"; spend a few bucks on a good wire ferrule crimp tool, soldering gun, and heat gun for PVC Shrink Tubing.

I perfer the racheting ferrule crimp tool. They cost about $30 bucks. The standard economy style goes for around $15 bucks.

The most important thing is to Take Your Time.

Explorer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Raphine, Virginia
Price definately is a factor, but if you have trouble wiring a Centech it'll be worse with a generic. Thing I dislike most about the Centech is the way it's loomed, and not easily adaptable to move switch placement. Get some good braided loom from a vendor or McMasters and you can turn out a quality looking job with the cheaper sets.

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
I'm currently doing a EZ 12 circuit harness in mine.

if you have a chevy, its a weekend job, anything else is going to take a little bit longer cus the instructions suck. there allot better then when i did my first two tho. but the wires don't match to what they say they go to.

as long as you wire in your alternator right :-[ its a easy,good kit.

but you need to do some research and make a phone call or two...witch i have provided on threads on heir ;D

its a grate kit for the price...tho it's mainly a chevy/hotrod harness, and if you want to run chevy switch's witch is what i did with my f250 high boy, its cake.

you will need to get a chevy switch for the brights,so that the plug in the kit will plug into it. 70's-80's chev truck.

well, im going back out to finish it up :)............i hope.

broncotime

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Grapevine, Texas
I have heard good things about ron francis as well. They have different levels, prices, of harneses

http://www.ronfrancis.com/
The Ron Francis kit is a little more work as it just comes with labeled wires in plastic bags w/ instructions, plus a really nice fuse box to place anywhere you want and run the wires back to it (all the wires come in really long lengths so you really can put the fuse box anywhere). It was slow going and a centech or a painless harness would have saved me a lot of time, but I like the idea that I know know where every wire goes.

ralls

Loc.
Andalusia
I used the 12 curcuit EZ. Took some time to figure the stock switchs ,get some colored diagrams to help. Also solder and shrink wrap every connection for trouble free problems later. took me about 25 hours.

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
Okay I searched a few vendors, who sells this EZ Wire harness? I would like a new fuse block, and the factory connectors to wire things myself, however if the price is decent I would go for a vendors harness instead,

broncomitch

Bronco Guru
Loc.
west jordan, utah
you can get t hem from EZ them self, but i get mine on ebay.

just finished my wiring! ;D i never had emergency flasher's bofore...or bright dash lights for that matter!

carmi

Loc.
Oroville
I've had very good luck with the painless wiring harness. To save money I used the generic 18 circuit kit instead of the Bronco specific one. I think now they are even better than when I installed mine (14 years ago).