• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

'Ol Blue Build, no longer topless

904Bronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
San Martin, CA
Live burns are on the decline, especially here in CA.

Your local City or County might have a Hazmat program that would accept it.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Made a little more progress today

c51e0c8b538fdeda6bf05cc90be92248.jpg

2cfbabe1c7d265d4be9545d84c089665.jpg

a086ed584f0dcaf9f770f5395d2ea14e.jpg

54a7f55b503f6201235462c003c6e2a0.jpg

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
I'm hoping to install the engine on Saturday if I can make time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Crush

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Greenbottom, WV
very nice. as far as the gas you can pour it in a large open container such as a bucket or trough and let it evaporate in the sun

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
a972702f3c01d37da12500aa82cfbaac.jpg

I got the engine back in today with the help of by dad and brother in law, everything went pretty smooth so we managed to get it done before the Bakersfield heat set in.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
That's gotta be awful exciting, bet you can't wait to hear it fire up. Ken

Yeah Ken, i'm both excited and nervous after the last time. I still have no idea why the last engine broke a piston so i'm just hoping this one doesn't have any problems.
I may not get time to do much until later this week but then i'm going to hit it hard and try to get it running asap!

Superwoody

Loc.
Skyline
Wow

Awesome build thread! Sounds like you've been a rollercoaster trying to get her done with life knocking you down left and right. Good luck going forward, hopefully this time the motor will stay intact. Did you keep your 4R70W or did it go? Stay motivated!

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Awesome build thread! Sounds like you've been a rollercoaster trying to get her done with life knocking you down left and right. Good luck going forward, hopefully this time the motor will stay intact. Did you keep your 4R70W or did it go? Stay motivated!

Thanks Superwoody!
My motivation level right now couldn't be higher. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel after all these years. I gave the 4R70W to my brother in law a couple years back but wish i still had it now. Maybe i'll pick up another sometime in the future.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
5db222aa89b15528ada965f30b114314.jpg

Got some more work done on the engine today. I still have a bunch of little things to do but it's slowly coming together.
The upper intake is just sitting on there with a couple bolts started to keep the dust out.
Tomorrow I'll be hooking up the EFI harness along with some other odds and ends.

Stay tuned...

Casey835

What throttle cable you using. Man that blue looks good! All of it does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
What throttle cable you using. Man that blue looks good! All of it does.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you sir.

The throttle cable is made by Lokar, I bought it several years back from James Duff. I had to make some modifications to my throttle body (convert it from push to pull action) and then use a couple brackets in conjunction but it worked out well the last time I was running.

I think this is the one i'm using.

http://www.dufftuff.com/Lokar_Bronco_Throttle_Cable_Assembly_4_Barrel_Carb_p/2342.htm

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
77879bd770713f8662d9320946464ddd.jpg

Today I got a few more things done, heater tubes installed, starter installed (this ended up being a pain in the ass with the headers already on due to having very little room to work), then got quite a bit of the wiring hooked back up, plus some other odds and ends.
Tomorrow I plan to hook fuel lines back up and replace fuel filters, reinstall the rear driveshaft, hook up clutch linkage, and maybe get the upper manifold on.

I'll be honest, now that I'm real close to starting this thing I'm getting nervous. I'm going to be pretty bummed if something catastrophic goes wrong again like the last go around after all this time and money spent.

OP
OP
boonz28

boonz28

Contributor
Superwoody said:
Nice very clean engine bay

txtruk15 said:
looking good! That engine looks great and your engine bay ooks really good and organized!

Thank you guys, i really appreciate all the kind words! They help keep me motivated.