• Be EXTREMELY cautious if someone offers to buy your Bronco for more than your asking price and sight unseen. ESPECIALLY if the buyer is overseas. It's probably a scam.

Discuss it more here:
    http://classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?p=514932
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

TX old Ratty 1986 bronco for sale

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
City: Stephenville Texas 76401
Price: $ 4000

1986 BRONCO project started & The other half of our hunting party lost interest . So we've decided to sell it..
I believe he wanted to start at $4000.. I'll come back & give more description, I couldn't read his text he sent me.. TOO SMALL
WIRING UNDER DASH was jacked up when we bought it. Tech got it running so we could check it out
5.0L Tech got it running .. serviced the trans & it shifted ..He did a complete Brake job front & rear. packed bearing in front axle replaced some stuff in there.
One window regulator was replaced .. I do believe it still has the rear glass but just not rolling up & down.. GRAND SON Was good at taking things apart not fixing .
Those are Black Spoke painted wheels 15s . 4 tires on it does match.
their GOOD UNTIL YOU FINISH THE PROJECT . Unless your RedNeck like us THEN KEEP DRIVING, ! Any Interest THEN DRIVE on .
ANY Interest..
.THIS Started out to be a hunting project for us. Then let his Grandson learn to drive in it .& Kid could get a new / nicer truck as a Senior ..
i Think he's a Senior next year.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Picture

Attachments

• C1B3ABBC-71C8-4334-8333-FDE3F0BF70F0.jpeg
    C1B3ABBC-71C8-4334-8333-FDE3F0BF70F0.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 7919C4CB-DCC3-4B59-B11F-66E6F365A8EC.jpeg
    7919C4CB-DCC3-4B59-B11F-66E6F365A8EC.jpeg
    167.5 KB · Views: 40
  • CECCDF35-FDDF-46B3-8C61-F0D505A7D51B.jpeg
    CECCDF35-FDDF-46B3-8C61-F0D505A7D51B.jpeg
    261.6 KB · Views: 35
  • 3C1455F0-046C-4D81-AFD4-141D45DECDB3.jpeg
    3C1455F0-046C-4D81-AFD4-141D45DECDB3.jpeg
    298.2 KB · Views: 36
  • 142594C0-8A4D-4339-BA3D-1D0CD3E6D7B1.jpeg
    142594C0-8A4D-4339-BA3D-1D0CD3E6D7B1.jpeg
    162.7 KB · Views: 38
OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
OK I got some more info on this old OJ bronco . we got forsale
1986 Bronco 5.0L MOTOR & AOD Trans.new valve cover gaskets , fiel filter , fuel pump,
new front wheel bearings & seals packed the forant end bearing & new brake pads
New Distributor cap , rotor & wires.
new Power window regulator in both doors
31x10:50 x15's on black spoke wheels , Spare tire carrier
Clear Title & 141,4569 miles
$3500.00 obo.

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
Pa, I’ve got the space and the $$$$ but not sure the wife is willing to pay my airfare out to get it. Will it make the trip from your place to north Mississippi?

Randy

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
RANDY I Think it would . BUT WHO KNOWS .. iT last ran about 4 year ago When My Buddy bought it ..Because rats ate the wiring on the Injectors . We took it to a shop in towns & young guy put a harness on it Did all that other work on it . It was to be for his Grand Son . He drove it back to his shop in town where He & grandson did a little more work on it .
Grandson one Saturday striped it down to clean the interior. AND INSTALL a new sound system.& Work on the AC VENTS & DUCKworks . I think.. Grand Pa wanted it for us to use hunting .. After it was running & driving it could transfer to the kid as a high school driver..... Grand Ma from other side go involved & bought kid a nice nearly truck so he wouldn't be seen in that old Ratty thing . SO Kid drive a NICE 2019 F100 Silver pickup .. Our hunting rig has sat for about another year plus . & hunting buddy is tired of it taking up space in his company's building. I'm just the advisor on what i'd do for it .. Buddy thinks everything needs all new parts not just rebuilt & drive & test out. Then move on to next stage of project.
will it make it to Mississippi, Well, no AC .. & USED TIRES FROM OF his other Bronco.. As this one had a set of new tires on it .. But it was just setting & his Bronco needed tires so they got swapped over . Their good but with about 25 of 30k miles on them. I'd want it towed on a trailer ..
I believe this thing has Good Bones . i FOUND IT WHILE i WAS STILL WORKING. Setting at another Shop about 60 miles below us .. That shop was scared of it owner .. Afraid of him letting them fix it an letting them have it when finished .. SO IT SAT .. i FOUND the owner, I understand why the shop felt the way they did .. He was kind of Squirrely. But he did have a clear title to it & after it sat for 6 more. he'd finally decided he could part with it. He didn't want to let it go because he'd always wanted one like this. & it'd been a good one up until he took it to that shop..

Last edited:

Speedrdr

Contributor
Not so wise OLD owl
Loc.
Paris, MS
Not too sure I’d trust my trailer to make the trip out empty…no brakes right now. Might could borrow my buddy’s car hauler…….
Gonna run this “up the flagpole “ and see if my spouse thinks I’m certified crazy or not.
(Not quite sure the white coats with nets would let me pass)

Randy

OP
OP
Pa PITT

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
If I need to I can get my buddys Son N Law to take a video .. & i CAN Talk to tou on the phone & Move around , SO YOU CAN See we can move around & Focus on any thing you have a question .. I sure want you too know mostly what your coming to look at ...